All accepted registrations through February 24 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

If you're so unhappy, why do you stay?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Beerbong

If you're so unhappy, why do you stay?

Post by Beerbong » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:34 pm

Lots of complaining. Its a big world out there.

craig11152

Re: If you're so unhappy, why do you stay?

Post by craig11152 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:18 am

Speaking genericallySometimes there's no better place to go. Or sometimes the logistics are impossible.
Ironically our southern border is inundated with people using the "big world" concept to find a better place.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:01 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:18 am
Speaking genericallySometimes there's no better place to go. Or sometimes the logistics are impossible.
Ironically our southern border is inundated with people using the "big world" concept to find a better place.
Family, other commitments. I get that. Insecurity, change. Maybe being unhappy satisfies in some way.

If our grandparents or parents didn't have the "big world" concept most of us wouldn't be here.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:16 pm

Labels. Sometimes what one person describes as “complaining” is another person’s attempt to improve their standing. People should stand up for themselves and what they believe in without fear of being labeled as “complaining” by others.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:53 am

sinklair: “We’re last place! We suck! Our wages and benefits are the lowest in the market! Dave Blondie pays an agent to be here. Our management sucks! We have meteorologists co-anchoring morning news segments! We have the lowest number of staff yet support two stations! Bill Harris is ineffective and kisses police butt! This is now a starter-station!”

Coworkers: “Tell us something we don’t know.”

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:31 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:53 am
sinklair: “We’re last place! We suck! Our wages and benefits are the lowest in the market! Dave Blondie pays an agent to be here. Our management sucks! We have meteorologists co-anchoring morning news segments! We have the lowest number of staff yet support two stations! Bill Harris is ineffective and kisses police butt! This is now a starter-station!”

Coworkers: “Tell us something we don’t know.”
As usual. Typical frontier gibberish. https://youtu.be/DNC3OciAF3w

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:05 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:16 pm
Labels. Sometimes what one person describes as “complaining” is another person’s attempt to improve their standing. People should stand up for themselves and what they believe in without fear of being labeled as “complaining” by others.
In your rants you describe games of Family Feud, luncheons and Christmas parties. In other posts here I've seen complaints about employee appreciation days, having managers serve breakfast or grilled cheese sandwiches. Jeez! Things like that are unheard of in today's business climate. Being that your station is #3 in the market, it is amazing they would go to all that trouble to make a friendly work environment for you.
May I point out that 12 has none of those things. No special meals(except on the holidays). Then its for the night crew only. No employee appreciation days, ever. Plus, you have to work under the "brown shirts" on the second floor, and have to worry about what kind of conniving scheme PV is going to come up with in order to cut numbers and payroll.
While your place of employment might not be the dream job you hoped, you could do a hell of a lot worse in this market.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Beerbong: thank you for a rational argument... as opposed to the off-topic rantings from LL101 that have derailed numerous other posts on the Buzzboard.

I don’t justify that because 12 doesn’t do grilled cheese sandwich day that I should just be happy and shut up about the numerous issues that 25-66’s management fails to address. I’ve never met Pete Veto. Don’t really care to. The entire engineering team says horrible things about him and the Chief Engineer at 12. That still doesn’t fix understaffing, low pay, low morale, biased corporate must runs, low minority representation, managers who play favorites, managers who interfere, managers who are in over their heads... and so forth.

I think you can have employee appreciation... and you can address these serious issues. Well, maybe not with the current GM who only listens to “yes” men and women.

Family Feud doesn’t help me pay my bills. The lame rebranding campaign, lack of investment and lack of focus results in a newscast that is actually going backwards.

Could there be a worst place in the entire world to work? Sure. I wouldn’t want to be the head bathroom cleaner for ISIS. But the concerns expressed by me and other 25-66 workers who actually want to put on the best newscast possible are still worth considering.

Youplus

Post by Youplus » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:22 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:48 pm
Beerbong: thank you for a rational argument... as opposed to the off-topic rantings from LL101 that have derailed numerous other posts on the Buzzboard.

I don’t justify that because 12 doesn’t do grilled cheese sandwich day that I should just be happy and shut up about the numerous issues that 25-66’s management fails to address. I’ve never met Pete Veto. Don’t really care to. The entire engineering team says horrible things about him and the Chief Engineer at 12. That still doesn’t fix understaffing, low pay, low morale, biased corporate must runs, low minority representation, managers who play favorites, managers who interfere, managers who are in over their heads... and so forth.

I think you can have employee appreciation... and you can address these serious issues. Well, maybe not with the current GM who only listens to “yes” men and women.

Family Feud doesn’t help me pay my bills. The lame rebranding campaign, lack of investment and lack of focus results in a newscast that is actually going backwards.

Could there be a worst place in the entire world to work? Sure. I wouldn’t want to be the head bathroom cleaner for ISIS. But the concerns expressed by me and other 25-66 workers who actually want to put on the best newscast possible are still worth considering.
What do you want to change at the station? It seems like every month someone else is leaving what do you think needs to be done to stop this from happening?
Last edited by Youplus on Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimmit

Post by Grimmit » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:27 pm

Youplus, you seem to leave words out of your comments so it doesn’t make sense. You seem to have a great love for the station so you must work there. I hope you’re not a producer.

Youplus

Post by Youplus » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Grimmit wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:27 pm
Youplus, you seem to leave words out of your comments so it doesn’t make sense. You seem to have a great love for the station so you must work there. I hope you’re not a producer.
Thanks for catching my typos. Yes I work at Nbc25 but I know we can get better if we try.

Grimmit

Post by Grimmit » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:37 pm

Good luck with that. No wonder they’re terrible. Apparently grammar means nothing to them.

Youplus

Post by Youplus » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:07 pm

Grimmit wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:37 pm
Good luck with that. No wonder they’re terrible. Apparently grammar means nothing to them.
Sorry that you want to be the grammar police, but this a social media site.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:37 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:18 am
For someone like Sinklair, there is no better place that would hire him.

Grimmit

Post by Grimmit » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:08 pm

Yes. It is indeed a social media site.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic