Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Spying on its employees

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Spying on its employees

Post by sinklair » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:43 am

It seems Sinclair run 25-66 only likes freedom of speech when it focuses on holding others accountable. It doesn’t like it much when it is criticized or when it’s “golden boy” comes under attack.

“Word on the street” (Pierson Road to be exact) is that SBG engineers are now examining the company’s internet activity to see who is posting on the Buzzboard.

Hate to tell ya, but I’m not using company time , company computers or company internet to post. I’m doing all on my time, using my own phone.

But it is a word of warning to others: the guy in the corner office is always right and doesn’t like to be criticized. He’ll employ draconian tactics like examining internet activity of all employees to find out who is the whistleblower.

Welcome to WEYI! Instead of taking the chance to fix its problems, they choose the wrong path... time and time again.

Dudley

Re: Spying on its employees

Post by Dudley » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:59 am

This is not something new, they blocked the buzzboard with the server years ago!

lilnut13

Post by lilnut13 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:23 am

He needs to get over himself and fix the issues, and not cause more problems! 🤣🤦‍♀️

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:54 pm

Freedom of Speech is to protect the citizens from the government. No reason this should apply here unless it is about the company or their employees speaking out and getting unwanted government intervention.

If employees are having a problem with how the company is run and there isn't an effective open-door policy to address the issues, then they should just leave. Sabotaging the company because you don't agree with something is a poor response.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:38 pm

Commenting on the state of affairs at 25-66 is hardly sabotage — in fact that’s the whole purpose of the Buzzboard.

If you work at 25-66 and that’s your career choice and income... and want to dispute any of the facts I’ve laid out... go for it.

I choose to make a difference from the inside as opposed to others who just like to criticize from the outside.

If I want to leave, that’ll be my choice. Until then, I’m going to do my best job possible and call out managers when they deserve it.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:55 pm

There are some very good people at WEYI, both in front and behind the camera, in the news department and in other departments. They work hard to put on a good newscast despite the politics of this place.

There was a time not too long ago when people believed that they could change through smart journalism. But the persons who were driving that charge either left or were pushed out by managers who don’t care about anything but the bottom line and their bonuses.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:26 pm

Go back and read previous posts if you truly care.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:55 am

R Bedell: there are still good journalists out there. They just need to be given a platform to do meaningful work.

If local TV managers don’t change their ways, they will continue to lose good people who will leave to showcase their work on other platforms.

Anyone who doesn’t believe me, I point to the quality programming being developed by cable (HBO, Showtime) and streaming services (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu) when it comes to entertainment programming. And over the air traditional broadcasters like ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC are being left in the dust. They refused to invest, to innovate in what viewers were looking for. They stayed with a formula that worked decades ago.

Same with news and station executives. They run gimmicks into the ground and just follow trends. If things don’t change at the top, then local news is dead... and there won’t be any profits or jobs to chase.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic