Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who’s on the Naughty List?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Who’s on the Naughty List?

Post by sinklair » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:15 am

Merry Christmas to all my friends in the broadcasting business...

I chose this crazy industry knowing that you have to work bad hours in bad conditions at times.

What I find interesting are the so-called “leaders” who claim to lead by example... up until it requires them to work on the same holidays that they ask us to work. The fleeing of “non-essential personnel” typically begins at 3pm before holidays.

If you have a computer issue, don’t expect to find an engineer anywhere around. If you have questions about an HR or benefits issue, don’t ask... the HR Director won’t be back until after the holiday. And the GM and News Director... they checked out weeks ago.

I’ve worked with management who truly cared and understand that those of us who work on holidays have families too. I’ve had managers who rotated to come in to work on holidays to show that they were willing to make the same sacrifice they were asking us to make. I had a GM who would come in on every shift on major holidays to deliver us a precooked meal, desserts/treats.

Will that happen at 25-66 this season? I’m not counting on it. Will that level of leadership happen at your station? We can all hope for a Christmas miracle.

But rest assured that if you’re scheduled every holiday while the main anchor never works holidays, you’re the one in the GM/News Director’s naughty list...

MasterB

Re: Who’s on the Naughty List?

Post by MasterB » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:29 pm

I thought LoveInLife101 would put himself on the nice list. I'm always on the nice list never on the naughty list.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic