Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Great addition to NBC25/FOX66

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Re: Great addition to NBC25/FOX66

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:48 am

Always great to see people raising in the ranks in purgatory.

Wow, six years at 7 and 4? I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Is she any relation to Jonathan Lowe? The deviant defecater?

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/cb ... ay-8306221

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:03 pm

organman95 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:48 am

Remind me how many years you were at 7&4. I knew of a few people that worked there for YEARS. Hell, Mark Schollett has been there 20 years, Joe Charlevoix 16 years. I don't see either of them leaving, they like their jobs. Dave Walker was there 25 years when he died, Dave Fortin retired after 42 years, and we have one here on the board that worked there 35 years. A station isn't "bad" when you have the right management in place. And if you can stick it out through the rough times, I do believe you come out ahead in the end.
I’ll remind you, orgasmman. Zero minutes and zero seconds. That’s how long I was there.

Any other stupid questions?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:54 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:22 pm
organman95;

I am sure you know by now, what you are dealing with PITA101.
Not sure what you mean by the “Pita” stuff.

Pita is “flat hollow unleavened bread that can be split open to hold a filling.”

So if that’s the case, split me open and fill me up!!!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:46 pm

organman95 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:56 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:03 pm
organman95 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:

Remind me how many years you were at 7&4. I knew of a few people that worked there for YEARS. Hell, Mark Schollett has been there 20 years, Joe Charlevoix 16 years. I don't see either of them leaving, they like their jobs. Dave Walker was there 25 years when he died, Dave Fortin retired after 42 years, and we have one here on the board that worked there 35 years. A station isn't "bad" when you have the right management in place. And if you can stick it out through the rough times, I do believe you come out ahead in the end.
I’ll remind you, orgasmman. Zero minutes and zero seconds. That’s how long I was there.

Any other stupid questions?
Then how/why would you make a statement like that? That is typically an ex-employee remark. But hell, if you've never worked there, or any of the stations on this forum, then where the hell do you come up with the crap that you do?
Oh, I must have worked everywhere I have an opinion of, just like sports talk radio. Everybody who has ever called into a sports talk radio program must have played professional sports because those are the only people who have an opinion about it.

Oh, and those who call Rush Limbaugh are all former politicians too! Can you imagine anyone who hasn’t been elected to public office actually having an opinion of it? Ludacris!

How dare you have an opinion on drugs, domestic violence, and necrophilia unless you have done those things!!!

T-Bag Teddy believes everyone has to be in the industry as a prerequisite (look it up) to posting here. MW shut him down like Dress Barn! And no, I’ve never worked there either, but I have an opinion about it! You can’t stop me! Go ahead and call the cops!!! They won’t stop me either!!!
Last edited by lovinlife101 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:48 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:33 am
Not sure what you mean by the “Pita” stuff.

Pita is “flat hollow unleavened bread that can be split open to hold a filling.”

So if that’s the case, split me open and fill me up!!!
As usual, it way over your head. ROTF--- LMAO :lol :lol :lol
Funny you mention head. I’m a pita, baby! Spread me wide and fill me up!!!!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:17 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:38 pm
Funny you mention head. I’m a pita, baby! Spread me wide and fill me up!!!!
Not only a sick puppy, but highly delusional. :lol :lol :lol
It’s your right to be wrong!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:51 am

organman95 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:02 am
[quote=sinklair post_id=590065 time=<a href="tel:1576324804">1576324804</a> user_id=15185]
WEYI has lost more people this past year from forced retirements, layoffs, firings, non-contract renews, Moving on to bigger markets, spending more time with family — whatever you want to call it/“spin it” — than WJRT and WNEM combined. The reason is simple: cut costs to improve profit margins. They air a significant amount of “must run” stories not just to serve up the conservative philosophy pushed by corporate overlords Sinclair Broadcasting... but because it’s cheaper to fill the time with one reporter serving 70+ news stations. Sinclair continues to mandate a maximum 1.5% yearly pay increase despite making record profits and touting the President’s great handling of the economy. You can spin it lots of ways, but Sinclair’s top brass take every opportunity to reinforce the message that quality journalism comes second to increasing profits. What they fail to understand is their business is broadcast journalism, which requires attracting/keeping good people who know the community and aren’t afraid to (quoting our good friends at WNEM) “ask the tough questions.” Some of the most talented people I’ve met in decades in this industry are shoved out/flee the station because of a horrible management team and toxic workplace culture built off saving a buck at all costs and giving favors based off who kisses the boss’s butt the most.

But come on down to Frankenmuth for some chicken and buttered noodles so we can pretend there’s nothing wrong at the station’s annual “holiday party” — as long as you’re not required to work. Then we’ll send back cold left overs.

The GM and the Assistant GM (aka the Promotions Director) don’t have the backbone or vision to take this last place station anywhere but further downhill. And you won’t find many people working there that will defend management and Sinclair because they’ve seen the station go from being able to compete, to hiring some great anchors and reporters, and producing some award winning stories... to nowadays where people dread coming into the newsroom to be told how we’re not doing enough while they continue to cut staff and budgets.

But cold chicken and a selfie station makes everything better... right?
My thing is, how is Sinclair in business with the practice model that it uses? If journalism is second to profits, how are they making those profits when people leave stations? It doesn't add up
[/quote]

One theory is that, and I don’t know if this is true or a rumor, that those who leave before their contract is up are forced to pay several thousand dollars. Is that true? In that case the station is literally making money on former talent.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:35 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:09 am
Yes, if you leave before your contract is up, the company goes after you for a percentage of your contract wages... even if you are getting out of the business or going to a market where you aren’t competing against the company (like Detroit). Then they enforce a non-disclosure agreement where you can’t talk about it. And you are literally banned from ever working again at Sinclair. Since Sinclair pays at the bottom of the pay scale for its market size, they know the number of people willing to challenge them in arbitration what would be costly legal expenses to challenge the forced pay out, company ban and NDA are very few. It is so wrong.
Why in the blue Hades would anyone work somewhere where you have to pay to leave? THIS IS LITERALLY PURGATORY!!!!

Is this something someone signs? Why would anyone sign such a stupid agreement?

If you took it to an attorney for advice they would say, “Ah HEEL NAW!”

Do you also have to sign up to sell Amway and purchase a timeshare as a condition of employment? It’s THAT STUPID!!!

How is this not indentured servitude?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:19 pm

So let me get this straight, Dave Blondie pays an agent in order to get him a job at the last place Sinclair station in the Flint market. Then he signs a contract that states he has to pay the company if he were to ever leave this job. So he is getting screwed coming and going. Most reporters and anchors in Detroit don’t have an agent, and they most definitely would not sign a contract that forces them to pay the company to leave.

Is Blondie that self-conscious and lack that much self confidence that he hast to pay an agent to get a job at the worst station?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:56 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:27 pm
If Dave Bondy — not Blondie — wishes to take a job in his home state to be closer to family, that is his right. And he shouldn’t be forced to sign these anti-competitive, anti-worker clauses that Sinclair puts into its contracts and enforces if/when one of its workers find a better job, better market, position that pays more money, etc. As 101 says, workers are getting screwed coming and going.
It’s 100% his right to be that stupid. I just question his sanity.

He pays an agent to work for the devil! Literally nobody else does that!

He definitely didn’t major in economics or logic.

Why would someone pay to work anywhere? I understand not making much, but to PAY to work? Why?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:38 am

sinklair wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:16 am
And Cunningham Broadcasting (owned by a relative of Sinclair’s David Smith) is the operator of CW46.
Nepotism is strong at Republican Broadcasting.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:26 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:

Somebody get this guy a Poobody Award!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DENGd_ahw9A

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic