Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WDCQ CH19 Delta College

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
DAC

Re: WDCQ CH19 Delta College

Post by DAC » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:31 pm

Bring back The Great TV Auction! Seriously, that was kind of fun, and people actually tuned in and cared.

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:26 pm

DAC wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:31 pm
Bring back The Great TV Auction! Seriously, that was kind of fun, and people actually tuned in and cared.
BLUE board! RED board! GREEN board! I used to wake up with nightmares after working it.

Celebration time...C'MON!

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:49 pm

Ran plenty of Master Control there in 1980, running from the "green room" TV back to the control panel on Saturdays. Could have been more professional about my efforts when McEnroe played Borg on July 5, thank God for "hour-long" commercial-free content.

Could Andy Rapp still be on the air, or instructional staff there? Like Casey Stengel said, and do so easier in the electronic age, "You Could Look It Up."

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Trophyhead wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:49 pm
Ran plenty of Master Control there in 1980, running from the "green room" TV back to the control panel on Saturdays. Could have been more professional about my efforts when McEnroe played Borg on July 5, thank God for "hour-long" commercial-free content.

Could Andy Rapp still be on the air, or instructional staff there? Like Casey Stengel said, and do so easier in the electronic age, "You Could Look It Up."
Andy left "Currently Speaking" just after the 2016 election. He may still be teaching at Northwood.
1980 was before me..but here's my recall of who you may remember from your time in MCR. The years are to the best of my recall.
Guy S....(sure you remember your boss)...left in 86 and went to Peoria. I think he's retired now.
Ray W.....died @2003?
Cliff S. retired in 1995...died @2012?
Doug B.....left to run his own successful business. May still be doing it part-time.
Pat M (the BIG guy)...lost a lot of weight and left in 2003 due to automation.
John S....left in 1984....worked for the city of Southfield in electronic install and repair and is retired.
Dave R....left 1985? Moved out west and was independent contract.
Harold C....retired in 1995 and still kicking.
Gerry H.....left in mid 80's and passed away 2015.
Bill B....retired in 1986 and moved up to TC area. Still living I believe.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:19 pm

Dave Rhodes was in an office right near where you could walk into the Engineering/MCR section, I certainly recall him. I remember big Pat, and Guy, who seemed to carry a torch for my brother's mother-in-law, Dordi Sverid, the Auction Item collecting lady. I thought my Sat AM engineer's name was Tom.

I scrolled through the Delta College site a moment this afternoon and didn't find Andy. A lady, last name of Marciniak was the second banana to Andy on the weekday talk show at this time. The venerable Art Lewis used to call Pioneers basketball games, I worked those special broadcasts on what was WUCM.

Fun to recall, but none of this gets the signal back and flowing.

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:02 pm

Trophyhead wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:19 pm
Dave Rhodes was in an office right near where you could walk into the Engineering/MCR section, I certainly recall him. I remember big Pat, and Guy, who seemed to carry a torch for my brother's mother-in-law, Dordi Sverid, the Auction Item collecting lady. I thought my Sat AM engineer's name was Tom.

I scrolled through the Delta College site a moment this afternoon and didn't find Andy. A lady, last name of Marciniak was the second banana to Andy on the weekday talk show at this time. The venerable Art Lewis used to call Pioneers basketball games, I worked those special broadcasts on what was WUCM.

Fun to recall, but none of this gets the signal back and flowing.
I do know that a new tenant was going to lease space on the tower in Gilford. They were waiting for a non-windy day. Perhaps that is why they were off the air or reduced power. That's just a guess.

Tom G. went to WNEM in 1983 and then came back to Delta in 1988...retired in 2010.
Dordi retired in 1995...I believe she is still living.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic