Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

March Madness

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
autolab

March Madness

Post by autolab » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:35 pm

I find it interesting that both 12 and 25/66 sent reporters to cover the Big 10 basketball tournament, but Scot and Jason are nowhere to be seen. WNEM is our "home" for March Madness basketball coverage? What a joke.

SaginawSid

Re: March Madness

Post by SaginawSid » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Maybe TV-5 didn't have money in the budget to send a reporter(s) to Chicago. Looking at the on-air talent the station has and all the different open positions they have posted on job websites it seems the station isn't doing all that well financially.

"Hey Mr. Businessman, you can't dress like me."
-- Jimi Hendrix

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:38 pm

I think it might have been a big deal 20 years ago. But not now. There is SO much coverage of EVERY sport imaginable WHEREVER you look. Local stations like 5 can stick to HS sports and other sports that are exclusively of interest to their coverage area. Everything else is well covered, if not over-covered.

Kincade3072

Post by Kincade3072 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:34 am

If you remember ABC 12 let Greg Molzen go at this time when he was out of town covering U of M in the tournament. Hope Ryan Slocum packed his office up before he left Lol :rollin
ABC12 your trusted source for constant audio and video issues. :lol

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:56 am

I largely agree with this. The majority of people I'm sure has some sort of paid TV. But honestly when HS sports come on I change the channel...think it's more of a niche thing that probably doesn't mean much to many people but those kids who play sports and their parents.
DAC wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:38 pm
I think it might have been a big deal 20 years ago. But not now. There is SO much coverage of EVERY sport imaginable WHEREVER you look. Local stations like 5 can stick to HS sports and other sports that are exclusively of interest to their coverage area. Everything else is well covered, if not over-covered.

JRBlitz

Post by JRBlitz » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:06 pm

Meredith is toying with the idea of a 2 minute national sports report segment. There's a reason that Scot Johnson is missing in the new promos. Sports is getting cut from 2 full-time positions to 1 full-time and a part-time. Meredith is also reducing sales positions. All of those paid infomercials are coming from one source.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic