Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SCREW YOU! I’M KEEPING YOU SAFE!!!

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
autolab

Re: SCREW YOU! I’M KEEPING YOU SAFE!!!

Post by autolab » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:43 am

DAC: True, but local TV stations are licensed by the FCC to operate in the public interest. So I would argue that TV stations have a responsibility to broadcast severe weather warnings aimed at protecting lives and property. They can do that through a variety of methods: on air break ins to programming, crawls, phone alerts, etc

DAC

Post by DAC » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:17 pm

autolab wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:43 am
DAC: True, but local TV stations are licensed by the FCC to operate in the public interest. So I would argue that TV stations have a responsibility to broadcast severe weather warnings aimed at protecting lives and property. They can do that through a variety of methods: on air break ins to programming, crawls, phone alerts, etc
Understood. Was just making a point about the outrage getting a bit out of hand, which pretty much reflects society in general, really. Outraged is the new annoyed.

autolab

Post by autolab » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:05 pm

Very true. We only need to look at this forum for trumped up outrage for the sake of starting an argument and trolling others.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:40 am

autolab wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:05 pm
Very true. We only need to look at this forum for trumped up outrage for the sake of starting an argument and trolling others.
Amen

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic