Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Boyd Leaving

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
SaginawSid

Boyd Leaving

Post by SaginawSid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:20 pm

TV-5 posted on its website today that Collette Boyd is leaving the station Feb. 28. Stated reason is to spend more time with her family. Umm. Anyone know more on that?

"Hey Mr. Businessman, you can't dress like me."
-- Jimi Hendrix

DAC

Re: Boyd Leaving

Post by DAC » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Maybe she actually wants to spend more time with family? I don't know, beyond what was stated in the "article," in which WNEM's GM is quoted and identified only as "Julie Z." This is the kind of crappy journalism that has plagued wnem for years now. Does Julie Z's identity need to be protected as some kind of secret "source" for this "breaking news?" https://www.wnem.com/news/tv-says-goodb ... 70490.html

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:19 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:56 pm
DAC wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:41 pm
Maybe she actually wants to spend more time with family? I don't know, beyond what was stated in the "article," in which WNEM's GM is quoted and identified only as "Julie Z." This is the kind of crappy journalism that has plagued wnem for years now. Does Julie Z's identity need to be protected as some kind of secret "source" for this "breaking news?" https://www.wnem.com/news/tv-says-goodb ... 70490.html
What kind of horse manure is that article? “Julie Z.”?

Are they so embarrassed by the product that they don’t want their actual name by it? Is she a relative to Andrew Z.? Maybe a distant cousin to the James Bond character “M”?
Agreed. Total horse manure.

smallwonder

Post by smallwonder » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:12 am

Isn't "leaving to spend more time with my family" TV speak for "the contract wasn't going to get renewed?"

turn up the radio! mighty in might!

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:56 am

Wooohooooooo!!!! :hat :lol:

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:44 am

R Bedell wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:19 am
I agree, there is way more to this story than the Horse Sh*t they are spewing. Boyd (as an educated guess) is in her late 40's. Not many people can retire to "spend more time with their family", at that age.

One thing I did discover, she has a Daughter that I never knew of. I heard about her Son within the last couple of months. NO mention of a Husband.

And the TV5 shuffle begins today. Be interesting to see the spin.
She doesn't owe anyone an explanation. Maybe she is taking care of an elderly parent. Maybe she won the lottery. Maybe she inherited a ton of dough. Maybe she wants a break from work for a while. It's her business.

No mention of a husband OR a wife. That's what this nation has embraced. (and that's her business too).

autolab

Post by autolab » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:02 pm

There's been a lot of departures at the Rusty Nickel. I didn't think morale could be worse than the Al-Ian combo. I was wrong. Julie-Karin are driving people freakin' nuts.

Expect more departures when contracts expire.

JRBlitz

Post by JRBlitz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Morale is very low. Custer berating producers doesn't help either. One of the reasons that Colette left was that she was denied the night off for a school function involving her child. After seeing Custer got his way and got the night off for Cher, she realized how unappreciated she was. Lots of unhappy people are trapped by the non-compete clause.

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:15 pm

JRBlitz wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:28 pm
Morale is very low. Custer berating producers doesn't help either. One of the reasons that Colette left was that she was denied the night off for a school function involving her child. After seeing Custer got his way and got the night off for Cher, she realized how unappreciated she was. Lots of unhappy people are trapped by the non-compete clause.
Really wish this prima Donna would leave as well - and not let the door hit him on the ass on the way out. His persona described above comes accross on air and is a big reason why I rarely watch. Frank and Meg would be perfect together on the evening newscasts

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic