Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bypassing Neille-Ann

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Bypassing Neille-Ann

Post by sinklair » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:09 am

25-66’s former GM/accountant in chief/egomaniac was bumped up to Sinclair’s station in Seattle… only to run out its News Director. So who does he hire to replace Bill Dallman? The News Director in Tulsa, Oklahoma!

http://www.rickgevers.com/news-director-updates/

It is obvious that Conklin thinks so little of his handpicked In Over Her Head Flint News Director that he didn’t even consider Neille-Ann for the “upward mobility” promotion.

It also says A LOT that so few people would consider working for Sinclair that they had to resort to Tulsa for this big market hire. Phil is a nice man, but he won’t last two years before Conklin drives him out of his last place station.

MasterB

Re: Bypassing Neille-Ann

Post by MasterB » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:02 am

Bill Dallman got a job in the Twin Cities he worked for WZZM years ago. Were you hoping 25-66 was going to get a new ND?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:09 am

Master: yes. I’ve been hoping and praying for that for years. 25-66 needs new leadership if we’re ever going to be more than a distant #3&4 TV station.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:28 pm

If you were appointed news director, what would you do differently to bring ratings out of the basement?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:23 am

BTS: I don’t want to be news Director. I enjoy my job. However I expect management to do their job.

When managers make decisions that affect the livelihoods of others, they have a responsibility to fix problems that can improve ratings, revenue, morale, etc. 25-66 management fails in all three areas. They need to support its workers, give us the tools to compete against 5 & 12. They need to pay us better to reduce the revolving door of talent. They need to promote more persons of color into senior management roles at the station and corporate level. They need to stop airing Sinclair’s one-sided corporate must-run propaganda.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:26 am

Why no vote yet for forming a union at 25-66 would the reporters/anchors band together and form a union if a vote happened?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:56 am

Master: 25 had a Union. It was a failure. The Union was so ineffective that the UAW just gave up and dissolved the local bargaining unit. Management rejoiced and haven’t treated employees past and present well since then.

I’m not sure another Union would fare any better. Plus Sinclair is known for its Union busting tactics, so reestablishing a presence would be an uphill battle, especially with Michigan’s anti-Union laws.

But it once again fails to address the core issue of management incompetence. This is a problem that 25-66 and the corporate Death Star should fix… if for no other reason it would improve morale, reduce turnover, improve the quality of the newscasts we air. The only reason 25-66 and it’s new Shipped In from Out of Town new Sinclair GM, the ASSistant GM, the In Over Her Head News Director, the Director of Declining Sales and the HR Director/Party Planner won’t do it is because it’ll cut into the stations’ bottom line.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic