All accepted registrations through June 15 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

Dressed not to impress

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
lovinlife101

Dressed not to impress

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:22 pm

Whatever happened to professionalism in the way news reporters dressed?

Over the past few years there have been reporters in jeans, ball caps, and check out this guy in a Hawaiian t-shirt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L4HN-Vm5sg

Granted, he is reporting in Hawaii, but come on, he looks like a tourist!

TheForce

Re: Dressed not to impress

Post by TheForce » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:11 pm

I see nothing wrong with a casual look in the workplace. I highly doubt clothing affects their job performance. Wearing a suit doesn't make one "professional".

jry

Post by jry » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Studies have been done on this. There can be a difference in how one conducts their business, a correlation between professionalism and what they wear.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:56 pm

Then why, TheForce, have many companies done away with casual Friday?

Why have many schools gone to uniforms?

And by the way, the period goes inside the quotation marks.

971DeepTracksFan

Post by 971DeepTracksFan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:58 pm

lovinlife101 wrote: And by the way, the period goes inside the quotation marks.
That may be the single worst post ever on the history of this board.

And that's saying something.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Indeed...
971DeepTracksFan wrote:
Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:58 pm
lovinlife101 wrote: And by the way, the period goes inside the quotation marks.
That may be the single worst post ever on the history of this board.

And that's saying something.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:04 pm

:rollin :rollin LOL made a Pussy Joke

autolab

Post by autolab » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:36 am

Dudley, you might want to explain your joke comment to HL101. He doesn't have a sense of humor...

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:43 am

TheForce wrote:
Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:11 pm
I see nothing wrong with a casual look in the workplace. I highly doubt clothing affects their job performance. Wearing a suit doesn't make one "professional".
It’s “professional.”

You interpret proper sentence structure as a genitalia joke?

First, you’re ignorant.

Second, you have no respect for yourself or anyone else who possesses said genitalia.

Third, you’re immature.

I could go on, but you already have enough material in what I just wrote to laugh hysterically.

I’m sure you follow people around responding to whatever they say with “That’s what she said.” and “So is your mom.”

Your ignorance and immaturity breaks new ground every day.

autolab

Post by autolab » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:30 am

I love it when HL101 proves my point of not having a sense of humor. Force: You know that you've hit on something when HL101 criticizes you for "proper sentence structure".

I thought this was a Mid-Michigan news forum, but now we're critiquing dress of newscasters in Hawaii? Seems right for any ther hate-filled post from HL101.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:10 pm

Always enjoy a good laugh! :rollin
autolab wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:30 am
I love it when HL101 proves my point of not having a sense of humor. Force: You know that you've hit on something when HL101 criticizes you for "proper sentence structure".

I thought this was a Mid-Michigan news forum, but now we're critiquing dress of newscasters in Hawaii? Seems right for any ther hate-filled post from HL101.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:42 pm

autolab wrote:

“Seems right for any ther hate-filled post from HL101.” Anyone understand what that means? Anyone? Me neither. And you hate on me for encouraging proper sentence structure? Try making sense!

I can see you saying whatever you said there, slapping your knee, letting out a “yee-haw” and spitting into an empty Mountain Dew bottle.

Having proper sentence structure, grammar, language, communication rules, etc. is about civilization. Without this order, words have no meaning. Civilization collapses. Ignorance reigns supreme. In a world without proper sentence structure, it’s “Let’s eat Grandma!” rather than “Let’s eat, Grandma.”

Why differentiate among numbers? They’re all the same in your world!

Unlike your favorite millennial politician who said it’s better to be morally right than factually accurate, I’m both morally right and factually accurate. You’re neither.

Oh, and that shirt makes you look ridiculous.

autolab

Post by autolab » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:03 pm

Once again, HL101 is on the attack... using lies, half truths (aka more lies), and diversion tactics like his sentence structure diatribe to bully others into silence. Instead of trying to understand other posters' perspectives and viewpoints, he criticizes, condemns and complains.

Not sure who you are referring to as my favorite millennial politician, since I'm neither a millennial nor do I have a "favorite politician".

And I have no problem with a Hawaiian journalist wearing a Hawaiian shirt... and I definitely don't have a problem with Mountain Dew.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 pm

autolab wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:03 pm
Once again, HL101 is on the attack... using lies, half truths (aka more lies), and diversion tactics like his sentence structure diatribe to bully others into silence. Instead of trying to understand other posters' perspectives and viewpoints, he criticizes, condemns and complains.

Not sure who you are referring to as my favorite millennial politician, since I'm neither a millennial nor do I have a "favorite politician".

And I have no problem with a Hawaiian journalist wearing a Hawaiian shirt... and I definitely don't have a problem with Mountain Dew.
Name one lie that I have told, autoliar. I know you don’t like competition. The lies are all yours.

“Bully others into silence”? I’ve always called for more speech! MORE! I’ve never asked for anyone to be silenced (like you all do to me via the moderator).

You thought I was referring to you as a “millennial.” Wow. That’s why sentence structure is so important. Ask someone to help translate proper English for you.

“Hawaiian journalist”? A white guy puts on a Hawaiian shirt and you think that makes him Hawaiian? Do you think anyone who makes it to the USA makes them “American”? Do you think visiting Australian will make you Australian? Ignorance. Pure, unadulterated ignorance.

Wow. Again, your ignorance has no limit.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:13 am

autolab wrote:

Another reason accuracy is important.

A black person called another black person “white.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 590841002/

But in your world, accuracy doesn’t matter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic