Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WOOD promoting Carlson & Cuomo

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
sinklair

WOOD promoting Carlson & Cuomo

Post by sinklair » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:20 pm

I’m sure this is a corporate mandate from Nexstar, but why is WOOD TV promoting a NewsNation interview of a former failed CNN host and a failed Fox News host?

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2024/ ... itled-zone

Before being owned by Nexstar, WOOD wouldn’t have been caught dead promoting another outside media entity.

sinklair

Re: WOOD promoting Carlson & Cuomo

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:46 am

Another example of why Nexstar forcing local stations to promote its national cable network, News Nation, is asinine. The total network viewership of the Cuomo-Carlson “EXCLUSIVE!” interview is less than the daily viewership on WOOD TV.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2024/ ... -with-that

It’s 1000 times more valuable to promote the local journalism than this embarrassment of a sit down between to increasingly irrelevant “news anchors”. Of course it doesn’t really matter since GM Julie Brinks will just follow corporate mandates. She’s apparently more interested in making sure no staff member leaks internal Pride Month memos to the press than she is about growing the local news team. Just another Nexstar lackey…

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:32 am

Let me guess Julie enforces the no swearing in the news room that Uncle Perry Sook created why doesn't Perry like swearing. I'm sure there is a ton of swearing in a lot of news rooms across the country even if it doesn't happen at Nexstar but I have feeling it does happen at Nexstar it is just on the down low. Was there a lot of swearing at 25-66 Stinklair.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:51 pm

LOTS of swearing — usually about how bad Sinclair was… and how bad crime was… and how bad our broken political system was… and how bad the Tigers, Pistons, Red Wings, and Lions were.

So, really not much has changed (except for the Lions).

dwp49423

Post by dwp49423 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:56 pm

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the stations are being monitored by the hubs to make sure these "see the full interview on NewsNation" type plugs are given during local newscasts.
---
"Cheap Cheap Cheap" it is live or is it Gannett?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:13 am

I’ve heard from friends who work at Nexstar stations that there are audits to see if the mandated number of promos ran, etc.

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:13 pm

Anyone watch the interview? It was a really great interview.

Maybe im being nit picky… I would not use the words failed. Tuckers Putin interview broke records, and his x content is reaching more than 10x the audience. CNN and Fox News are the ones failing :). Lame corporate media. I bet you cuomo had a comeback going independent.

It’s the rise of independent media and the alow painful death of corporate media.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:17 pm

Let’s be clear: NewsNation is the definition of corporate media under Perry Sook’s Nexstar

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:54 pm

10X just means they count views even if you scroll and don't watch meaning it's over inflated. I had no interest in Tucker's love for modern day Hitler in Putin who needs to pay Ukraine and rebuild the country.

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:10 pm

MasterB wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:54 pm
10X just means they count views even if you scroll and don't watch meaning it's over inflated. I had no interest in Tucker's love for modern day Hitler in Putin who needs to pay Ukraine and rebuild the country.
That is incorrect. A view is counted if someone hits play. If they scroll past it it’s measured as an impression.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:51 am

I thought only Sinclair hired the worst people… now I see Chris Hansen on News Nation.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2024/ ... ews-nation

Whoever is running this trainwreck of a “news” operation is in a race toward irrelevancy.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:50 pm

NewsNation is the UFO station and now they want to catch a predator with Chris Hansen and was also the host of Crime Watch Daily for the final 2 seasons.

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 pm

MasterB wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:50 pm
NewsNation is the UFO station and now they want to catch a predator with Chris Hansen and was also the host of Crime Watch Daily for the final 2 seasons.
I would love to see Chris Hansen, catch a preditor. Washington DC edition. :rollin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic