Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

This ought to be interesting (heavy metal alert)...

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

This ought to be interesting (heavy metal alert)...

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:04 pm

Pantera - despite having only 2 of 4 of its original members - just announced a North America tour set to launch in 2024.

They'll be playing Van Andel Arena two nights before a show scheduled for Madison Square Garden.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. As far I'm concerned, Pantera isn't Pantera without Vinnie Paul and Darrell (R.I.P.). The reason many major cities likely are not on this just announced tour is because Pantera just finished touring with Metallica; Pantera's final date on that tour was this past Friday at Ford Field. (As an aside, I was underwhelmed by Metallica's set lists for both Friday and Sunday in Detroit. Glad I didn't spend the money to see either show.)

All the tour dates appear

https://blabbermouth.net/news/pantera-a ... amb-of-god

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Re: This ought to be interesting (heavy metal alert)...

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:30 pm

I'm not generally too much of a stickler about these things, especially being a Hagar era VH fan, but it isn't Pantera without Dime and Vinnie. It would be like Van Halen without Ed and Alex.

Is the Abbott family okay with Phil Anselmo using the Pantera name? Shit was heavy with the two camps for a long time.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:46 pm

True. Trustees for both of the Abbott Brothers' estates seem cool with Anselmo & crew touring under the "Pantera" nameplate. In fact, one of the Trustees was downright enthusiastic. Makes sense, as I suspect some nice royalty income will flow in the direction of the heirs.

https://www.theprp.com/2022/11/30/news/ ... a-reunion/

https://blabbermouth.net/news/vinnie-pa ... t-brothers

It's awesome that Zakk Wylde is part of Pantera 2.0, for lack of a better descriptor. I was unaware he was the guitarist on the 2023 tour until just now. Hopefully he's part of the lineup in 2024!

Pretty cool hearing a so-called "Alternative" station in Louisville play multiple Pantera songs today in recognition of the winter date announced for Rupp Arena in Lexington. Alt 105.1 in Louisville has suddenly turned into a pretty good station musically after sucking ass for several years.

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:47 pm

i'd sat zakk and charlie are the only ones suitably close enough to fill the roles
http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:56 pm

Never thought in a million years I'd see Pantera as a headliner for a show at Van Andel Arena in the year 2024.

It will be very interesting to see attendance numbers. I have no idea what to expect in that regard. I saw Pantera open for Black Sabbath at Van Andel in February 1998. Holy crap that was a LONG time ago.

Hopefully the ticket prices are much more reasonable than the last Tool show at Van Andel; those absurdly expensive prices were a massive slap in the face to all Tool fans (most of the tickets were well north of $100 each and some floor tix were $300). On most Tool tours, the opening bands are often garbage to boot.

Taco

Post by Taco » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:05 pm

Unofficially they are called Pantera 2.0. Zakk and Charlie B. are amazing. I may consider this.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Jay2ThePee

Post by Jay2ThePee » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:17 am

Pass. Not a fan of Phil Anselmo or Zakk Wylde.
:arrow: :rollin

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:42 pm

Not a H*** fan of Zakk, but he has played some epic riffs throughout his career...
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Jay2ThePee

Post by Jay2ThePee » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:39 am

teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:42 pm
Not a H*** fan of Zakk, but he has played some epic riffs throughout his career...
Absolutely. It might seem strange but I think that most of my issue with Wylde are not just the constant squealing notes as much as it is his association with modern Ozzy. While I enjoyed the show "The Osbournes" it ruined Ozzy for me because it turned him into a blathering idiot. There was always a mystery to Ozzy and when they pulled back the curtain, I completely lost interest in anything he did beyond the Jake E Lee era.

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:49 am

Jay2ThePee wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:39 am
teetoppz28 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:42 pm
Absolutely. It might seem strange but I think that most of my issue with Wylde are not just the constant squealing notes as much as it is his association with modern Ozzy. While I enjoyed the show "The Osbournes" it ruined Ozzy for me because it turned him into a blathering idiot. There was always a mystery to Ozzy and when they pulled back the curtain, I completely lost interest in anything he did beyond the Jake E Lee era.
he was that long before tv. he reminded me a lot of buffalo bill from what i have heard. they had to prop him up until the curtain opened and then he came to life. i even hung up on him one night on the outta control show. he kinda flamed out and sharon runs it all
http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:35 am

Some British folks are hard to understand, but Ozzy's mumbling takes it to a new level!

Jay2ThePee

Post by Jay2ThePee » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:28 am

andymuskegon wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:49 am
he was that long before tv.
Oh I believe it, I'm just referring to The Osbournes putting it on my radar. So when I say "it turned him into a blathering idiot", I was referencing my perception.

edj

Post by edj » Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:00 pm

The Brummie accent is one of the more difficult to understand, but it’s obviously more than that with Ozzy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic