Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WFUR 92.9 FM Christian radio - streaming online?

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
DJ-MichaelAngelo

WFUR 92.9 FM Christian radio - streaming online?

Post by DJ-MichaelAngelo » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:37 pm

This is more of a hypothetical post, a "what if" because I doubt it'll ever happen. But for those who listen to this station, or know of any inside information, is it just $$ cost alone that's preventing 92.9 FM from streaming their broadcast online like most other radio stations these days?

Or is it more like they CAN afford it if they want to....but they just don't want to? I recorded a few of their station-ID spots & ads last year (below) to preserve for posterity. Mainly cuz I thought the one promo was so unintentionally hilarious, where the announcer states confidently and explicitly that WFUR is ONLY avilable on terrestrial radio and that's it - nowhere else! I wonder if that will ever change in the coming years?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WFUR 92.9 FM Christian radio - streaming online?

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:50 pm

Most of their listeners are elderly.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Feature/writer

Post by Feature/writer » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:45 am

They might consider going online.... Their over-the-air signal footprint is now so much smaller than when they were on 102.9.

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:22 am

They were hand in hand with Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing. Grand Rapids had several major Christian publishers in there heydey.

EDIT: https://lhrtnews.files.wordpress.com/20 ... Ml18ruKrP0

DJ-MichaelAngelo

Post by DJ-MichaelAngelo » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:01 pm

Feature/writer wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:45 am
They might consider going online.... Their over-the-air signal footprint is now so much smaller than when they were on 102.9.
Don't I know it! The only place I can ever get 92.9 FM is on my car radio. I'm currently struggling with how to listen to the station inside my house, since 3 different radios I've tried have all failed (small clock-radio, living room stereo receiver, and mid-sized portable hand-held radio). I live north of Rockford though, so maybe that's outside of the signal range for WFUR.

Anyone have any advice? I'm looking at buying a basic cheap antenna but can't figure out what kind would be appropriate for my needs. The back of my stereo receiver only accomodates bare-wire antenna hookups (not coax). I did try connecting 4-5' of bare speaker-wire, arranging it in differnet formations up the wall, and still the station is filled with lots of static.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic