Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Meteorologist Haleigh Vaughn Has Cancer

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Localnewsisdead

Meteorologist Haleigh Vaughn Has Cancer

Post by Localnewsisdead » Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:08 am

Fox 17 Meteorologist Haleigh Vaughn was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Here is her fb post announcing her diagnosis:

Personal Post: I had half of my thyroid removed this week because of cancer.

I found out in early August (after an MRI and biopsy) that I likely had thyroid cancer. I had an unusual-looking nodule on my right thyroid. This past Tuesday was the day I’ve been looking forward to for some time … the doctors removed the “bad” half of my thyroid, completely removing the nodule.

I got test results last night that it was cancer — and it was spreading when they took it out. My next step is seeing an endocrinologist — where they’ll determine what action is needed.

There’s a couple reasons I decided to post this.

For starters — when I get back to work at FOX 17, I’m going to have a scar and I will not sound the same. In time my voice will heal and the scar will fade — but I’m asking for your patience through that process.

Secondly — It’s a great reminder to listen to your body. If something feels off, check it out.

I’m seeing this for what it is — a true blessing. It’s a blessing that we caught it early. It’s a blessing that I’m surrounded and supported by my family and loved ones. And it’s blessing that I have such an incredible work family to step in while I’m away.

I’ll be back to work as soon as I can. In the meantime — please lean on my wonderful weather family — Meteorologist Isabella Hulsizer, Reece Cole, Kevin Craig FOX 17, and Candace Monacelli — for your latest forecast.

I certainly wish her the best and am sending good vibes her way.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

radioandtventhusiast

Re: Meteorologist Haleigh Vaughn Has Cancer

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:32 pm

Haleigh was part of WTVG's weather team a few years ago for a short while. Best of luck to her.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:56 am

All the best Haleigh beat cancer.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:20 am

Major kudos to her for sharing her story.

Very frightening to be dealing with cancer at any age, but my goodness, she looks to be in her early 30s?

I always feel bad when someone receives a cancer diagnosis.

I pray and hope she kicks cancer's ass.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Frosty

Post by Frosty » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:01 pm

Yes, all the best to Haleigh. Cancer is a bitch, and having completed 6 months of chemo for classical Hodgkin's lymphoma in July, I can say that chemo is a bitch, too. But you got to do what you got to do. Sharing your cancer story, especially ones that have a happy ending (in remission so far!) gives others hope. Cancer strikes one of every two males and one of every three females in their lifetime. Be aware of anything unusual and see your doctor, and get your tests. Early detection results in better outcomes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic