Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WWMT's Lack of On-Air Talent

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
gotigers

WWMT's Lack of On-Air Talent

Post by gotigers » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:56 pm

I remember a year or two ago when WWMT seemed to have a reporter or anchor exit the station about once a month. Apparently, those folks were never replaced. Aside from the lead anchors and meteorologists, WWMT's on-air talent is almost nonexistent. According to their website, they have a grand total of two news reporters (three if you count their shared statewide political reporter) and those two reporters also anchor on weekends... usually. Tonight this lack of on-air staff was especially apparent as meteorologist Will Haenni anchored and did the weather.

For what it's worth, he did a post on Facebook that it was a schedule mix-up, but they apparently didn't have a single news person there who could anchor. Yikes!

sinklair

Re: WWMT's Lack of On-Air Talent

Post by sinklair » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:29 pm

The same bad management that ran WEYI into the ground in Flint is now running the same playbook in Kzoo. It’s only a matter of time before Sinclair’s corporate goons reduce local news and air The National Desk — to save a buck. Watch GM Fred Corbus roll over and let this failed strategy take over in the GR media market.

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:11 pm

7 and 4 in TC is owned by Stink clair as well. There is 4 meteorologist, 5 anchors, 5 reporters and a sports guy. Not sure if that's the same number as WWMT. I sure do miss Amy Sweezey from WWMT.

BlackandGoldNews

Post by BlackandGoldNews » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:32 am

Couldn't agree more with the issues at wwmt. It's become a running joke in our home. Does anyone know what Andy Pepper actually does? He shows up maybe twice a week to do sports, otherwise sports is just read by an anchor person. There's almost ZERO local coverage which is totally by design. Sinclair doesn't want local news, they want national stories regurgitated. Feel bad for the people there. It used to be a very reputable station.

Doktor No

Post by Doktor No » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:51 pm

Jessice Harthorn does a decent job though. Guess she can't be around 24/7 though. Where did the no makeup drab weather person go? She came, went to Dayton or some such place, came back, and left again. Even my wife made derogatory comments...8-)

Doktor No

Post by Doktor No » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:52 pm

Jessice Harthorn does a decent job. Guess she can't be around 24/7 though. Where did the no makeup drab weather person go? She came, went to Dayton or some such place, came back, and left again. Even my wife made derogatory comments...8-)

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:31 pm

I thought that WWMT would've done a 4PM newscast to fill Know It All Dr. Phil leaving syndication come the fall looks like they will be keeping the repeats at 4PM. Maybe because of short on staff at the station?
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

gotigers

Post by gotigers » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:49 pm

BlackandGoldNews wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:32 am
Does anyone know what Andy Pepper actually does? He shows up maybe twice a week to do sports, otherwise sports is just read by an anchor person.
I feel like I'm lucky to see Andy Pepper once a week. I always laugh when they play the news intro/bumper that lists the talent because it says "Andy Pepper with sports" but he's never actually there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic