Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

100.5 The River on low power

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Ben Zonia

Re: 100.5 The River on low power

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:13 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:49 pm
Looks like class A stations that are spaced 0.4 MHz apart only need 19 miles of separation. So, neither WBCH nor WVIB would pose any issue.

10.6 MHz and 10.8 MHz IF spacing for class A to class A needs to meet a 6 mile minimum.
Unfortunately, the FCC Applications are not currently available, which would show the distances to all the stations that limit WTRV.

You could also put the WTRV coordinates into the FCC Channel Study in FM Query. Both first adjacent and IF Beat separation continue to be receiver induced problems, much more than second and third adjacent separations.

WTRV is in a sweet spot where the signal to the South and Southeast is already equivalent to about 4 kW/100 meters, allowing it to cover nearly all of Grand Rapids with a 70 dBu contour, though it is only required to serve Walker with a 70 dBu.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

DJ-MichaelAngelo

Post by DJ-MichaelAngelo » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:43 pm

48125er wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:07 pm
I've noticed the river has been playing a lot more 90s cuts that I Havent heard any station play in years, heres some

Strange currencies- REM
I live my life for you- Firehouse
Boyz 2 Men: Water runs dry
Mariah carey: Anytime you need a friend
Nobody Knows- Tony Rich
Mouth- Merril Bainbridge
I like hearing these kinds of 90's songs that charted well at the time, but not enough for them to be well-known & overplayed today. I just wish 100.5 wouldn't take that "deep cut" ish song, and then REPEAT it endlessly multiple times a day, such a lazy programming trope. Take Selena "Dreaming Of You" which I was tickled pink to hear a few months ago. But hearing it a 2nd time in the same week, less so. Then a 3rd and 4th time in the same month. I'm like guys....what is wrong here?

48125er

Post by 48125er » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:50 pm

DJ-MichaelAngelo wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:43 pm
48125er wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:07 pm
I've noticed the river has been playing a lot more 90s cuts that I Havent heard any station play in years, heres some

Strange currencies- REM
I live my life for you- Firehouse
Boyz 2 Men: Water runs dry
Mariah carey: Anytime you need a friend
Nobody Knows- Tony Rich
Mouth- Merril Bainbridge
I like hearing these kinds of 90's songs that charted well at the time, but not enough for them to be well-known & overplayed today. I just wish 100.5 wouldn't take that "deep cut" ish song, and then REPEAT it endlessly multiple times a day, such a lazy programming trope. Take Selena "Dreaming Of You" which I was tickled pink to hear a few months ago. But hearing it a 2nd time in the same week, less so. Then a 3rd and 4th time in the same month. I'm like guys....what is wrong here?
A couple years ago I heard them play Jessie by Joshua kadison about 3 times a week for a month which peaked at low 30s in the top 40 for a couple weeks in early 1994.
A recent one is nothings gonna change my love for you by Glenn medieros which charted okay in early 1987.

94.5 has done that too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic