Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm Out of Beer...

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Localnewsisdead

I'm Out of Beer...

Post by Localnewsisdead » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:21 pm

101.3 The Brew is no more.

Now they're calling it Big 101.3. Here's a link to their new fb page: https://www.facebook.com/1013big?mibextid=ZbWKwL

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

georgetownt

Re: I'm Out of Beer...

Post by georgetownt » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:23 pm

It's been BIG 1013 for a few years now.....

Localnewsisdead

Post by Localnewsisdead » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:43 pm

Sorry about that. Obviously don't listen a lot. When I heard Big 101.3 assumed it was new. Whoops...

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:19 pm

They still call it the New Big 101.3, but it's been in it's current format (Classic Hits/Oldies) since October of 2020.

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:34 pm

The funniest thing is if you check 101.3 The Brew on Facebook, last I looked, it was still active and being updated daily with stories. 🤣

Talk about complete cookie cutter corporate radio…

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:19 am

Realist wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:34 pm
The funniest thing is if you check 101.3 The Brew on Facebook, last I looked, it was still active and being updated daily with stories. 🤣

I could see how someone could go to the new Facebook page of the station and assume it was a brand new format. Just over 600 likes on the page for all the time the station has been on the air?? And 875,000 on the page for The Brew. No wonder they keep the old page going. But yeah, corporate cookie-cutter indeed. The large majority of the links to stories shared on The Brew's page don't even go to the stories, but instead just to iheart.com's main page for the fact The Brew's subdomain no longer exists... since the station no longer exists. Ridiculous. I'm not sure about all the other stories, because those just give a "We apologize, our servers are down." message, though the same goes for half the stories on Big's page too at the time I'm typing this.
[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:28 am

cckadlec wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:19 am
Realist wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:34 pm

I could see how someone could go to the new Facebook page of the station and assume it was a brand new format. Just over 600 likes on the page for all the time the station has been on the air?? And 875,000 on the page for The Brew. No wonder they keep the old page going. But yeah, corporate cookie-cutter indeed. The large majority of the links to stories shared on The Brew's page don't even go to the stories, but instead just to iheart.com's main page for the fact The Brew's subdomain no longer exists... since the station no longer exists. Ridiculous. I'm not sure about all the other stories, because those just give a "We apologize, our servers are down." message, though the same goes for half the stories on Big's page too at the time I'm typing this.
Clearly their social media department doesn't know that you can change the name of your page.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic