Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rob Brandt retiring

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Freqman

Re: Rob Brandt retiring

Post by Freqman » Sat May 27, 2023 12:13 am

Imagine firing someone that engaged the community to where they do this when you leave.

PLEASE SHARE THIS SAL-UTE!
Friday June 9, 7:00 PM.
EASTERN AVE HALL / Everett Domeier and I are hosting a “THANK YOU ROB BRANDT FOR 29 YEARS PARTY”
Join us at The Big Hall and get a Handshake, a Hug and have a beer or 5 with Rob. I will have a small PA ready to go if any fellow Musicians would like to play a few songs or sit in.
* If anyone would like to play / donate a small drum kit / Bass / Guitar / Amp it’s appreciated and could be a fun mix of music. PVT. message me if you’d like.
Thanks Rob and Shelly.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:53 pm

Could LAV possibly play any more Journey, Queen, Fleetwood Mac and Eagles than they've played today?

Barf x 1000.

(Edit - I now see they are doing a 1975 themed weekend. That answers that question.)

Gregg Henson is a talk radio guy. What does he know about scheduling music on a heritage classic rock station?

I certainly appreciate and enjoy his talk radio abilities, but he's a questionable choice for PD of WLAV.

handbanana

Post by handbanana » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:47 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:53 pm
(Edit - I now see they are doing a 1975 themed weekend. That answers that question.)

Gregg Henson is a talk radio guy. What does he know about scheduling music on a heritage classic rock station?

I certainly appreciate and enjoy his talk radio abilities, but he's a questionable choice for PD of WLAV.
You made a great point. Speciality scheduling 101 is that every piece of imaging should reinforce that. If you're doing a 1975 weekend that should run into every song that's part of the theme.

Speaking of themes, aren't we to the point that we should be doing a 1995 weekend on Classic Rock? Anyone who was 18 in 1975 is 66 years old at this point. I believe that demo is much older than what they (and their advertisers) are looking for.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:01 pm

I'd love to hear that personally!

80's and some 70's classic rock still works very well in a lot of places with money demo listeners.

I suspect a lot of LAV's audience is averse to most rock songs made from 1993 onward.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic