Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dana Marshall Leaving Townsquare Media Citing Mental Health Reasons

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Freqman

Dana Marshall Leaving Townsquare Media Citing Mental Health Reasons

Post by Freqman » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:13 pm

He is leaving his role as OM for the Kalamazoo cluster and as AM Drive/PD for WKFR.

He posted a message on his Instagram and announced he's heading to U93 in South Bend despite originally intending to stay in Southwest Michigan.

since16

Re: Dana Marshall Leaving Townsquare Media Citing Mental Health Reasons

Post by since16 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:06 am

Such a confusing headline and related post content.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:38 am

I suspect Mr. Marshall's "mental health" comment on Instagram was tongue in check.

Nonetheless, he's a smart man for leaving Clownsquare! He used to get bent out of shape on here whenever I'd post a criticism of that company. Perhaps he now feels as I do about that company?

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2495 ... outh-bend/

Wouldn't shock me if TSQ hires one person to be Director of Content for all the GR, K'zoo and BC stations. That would be unfortunate because Kalamazoo is a fairly vibrant area worthy of full-time attention.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

tannersboat

Post by tannersboat » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:35 pm

I just watched the linked video and didn't think the mental health comment was facetious at all. Good for him for acknowledging that this situation was no longer in his best interests, for whatever reasons.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:41 pm

U93 is an awesome station; they've been great for decades on end.

Let's see how long it takes for Clownsquare to fill WRKR with more syndicated crap. I hope that doesn't happen.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:58 am

How many others will now leave for 'mental health reasons'?

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:08 pm

it's probably a fair question to ask at this point about mental health. as the level of greed goes up, and the realization that the 96 telecom act has caused a serious fucking problem with all of the media now, we're seeing more and more decay at a faster pace. to stop and think about the mental health of broadcasters on almost every level is a conversation that should probably be had.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic