Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WOOD-TV 8 Downtown Studio

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
high fidelity

WOOD-TV 8 Downtown Studio

Post by high fidelity » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:32 pm

How often does WOOD-TV 8 use their studio that is on the first floor of the Grand Rapids Art Museum building? Is it used on a regular basis, or just for special events?

chuck1973

Re: WOOD-TV 8 Downtown Studio

Post by chuck1973 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:51 am

Rarely. Mostly during events. I think the noon show uses it during the warm months more often.

IMO: I’m not sure who lit that studio but it’s horrendous. Very harsh and full of shadow. Doesn’t feel bright or inviting at all. The set itself doesn’t feel warm. Worse, the cool color temp of the studio lighting makes the talent look bad. It’s a nice location that should be used more, but the execution has always been lackluster. The TODAY vibe it was going for is completely off.

radionut

Post by radionut » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:00 pm

I think it was used more on a regular basis until the Riots a couple of years ago.

Sholmes

Post by Sholmes » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:53 pm

I always though 13 should have go into the JA building and Division and Fulton. Put the Weather Deck on the roof and windows to the studio along Division. Have Veterans park across the street to shoot from. Might have help to move panhandle down the road or out of the area

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic