Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

17 Seeks A Winning Morning Formula...

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Trophyhead

17 Seeks A Winning Morning Formula...

Post by Trophyhead » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:34 pm

I admit to paying little attention to FOX 17 Morning News lately, beyond checking their weather.

They have announced that Rockford's native son Elliot Grandia will now be co-anchoring from 6 to 9 a.m., rather than his 4:30 to 6a shift, previously held. He will be paired with Tessa DiTirro in that new slot.

I remember seeing promos with Grandia and Ruta Ulcinaite as recently as late spring, happy chatter stuff about her unusual name, etc.

Looks like long-time Cadillac anchor Michelle Dunaway and Ulcinaite will be either taking up the wake up desk role, or something else is up there.

Maybe Grandia is intended to reduce some of WOOD TV's "young hip guy" momentum with Donovan Long as Teresa Weakley's co-anchor.

teetoppz28

Re: 17 Seeks A Winning Morning Formula...

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:42 pm

Michelle Dunaway announced this morning she is staying at Fox 17 as their Community Outreach coordinator (or something like that). She'll also be co-hosting the Morning Mix @ 9am with Todd Chance.

Food for thought: maybe it's Tessa that's the issue with the hosting formula? They seem to cycle through staff that co-host with her. ;)

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:46 pm

As to Dunaway, hers is the role that Casey Jones moved to, rather than be a morning anchor at 8. (Beyond the thrill ride of joining Chance for "Pay to Play TV" at 9) I appreciate the information!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:58 pm

Hey Fox 17 - YOU BLEW IT by letting Mike Avery and others walk out the door.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

statmanmi

Post by statmanmi » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:03 pm

Michelle Dunaway has successfully done a “Pay to Play” TV show before.

WWTV’s “the four”, as shown in this clip:

https://youtu.be/Idiokza_kcM

Bonus thought: Co-hosting in the above clip is Charlie Tinker, who then was still with WWTV—and after a couple of other stops, recently started in the GR market at WZZM 13.

Cheers! ~~ Statmanmi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic