Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Are the Whitecaps on the radio in GR

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
originalzzmfmjock

Are the Whitecaps on the radio in GR

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:04 pm

I was tuning the radio a couple of nights ago (ya I do that a lot) and was listening to AM 980 WONE from Dayton. They were airing a game between the Dayton Dragons and the West Michigan Whitecaps. Then I started thinking that I haven't heard any of the Whitecaps games on local radio at all this year. Is it my imagination or are they no longer on a local radio station. Last year they were on 1340/106.1, but I'm not hearing them there anymore.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Are the Whitecaps on the radio in GR

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:50 am

The Whitecaps' web site is a bit of a mess. Could find no info regarding an over-the-air radio affiliate or network. The last such articles I could find on the matter via Google search were from 2019.

It appears their broadcasts are only available via live streaming now.

Didn't the Whitecaps also use to air on WHTC? Looks like that partnership ended several years ago.

The 1340 / 106.1 audience is so tiny, perhaps the team thought it was no longer worth the trouble continuing a relationship with Cumulus.

edj

Post by edj » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:14 pm

Erie and Toledo still pay to be on the air. In the same league I know Fort Wayne is on a sports station and Lake County airs on a non com. Not sure about Lansing or South Bend.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:31 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'Caps are just exclusively streaming now. The amount of 'Caps fans who want to listen to the games but don't have access to streaming is increasingly few, so it's probably far more lucrative for them to stream without paying to be on the radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic