Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Former FOX 17 morning anchor Deanna Falzone Suing Station

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Localnewsisdead

Former FOX 17 morning anchor Deanna Falzone Suing Station

Post by Localnewsisdead » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:24 am

Former FOX 17 Morning News anchor Deanna Falzone says she was fired because she refused to comply with the parent company’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy. She and two other former co-workers have filed a federal lawsuit against the parent company, Scripps Media Inc...

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids ... -says.html

NewzKiller

Re: Former FOX 17 morning anchor Deanna Falzone Suing Station

Post by NewzKiller » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:15 am

Huh. I wonder if knowing about the vaccine if she refused to do any stories on covid or the drugs?

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Just go work for a company that doesn't care about some one's health. Try stations in the South

Sholmes

Post by Sholmes » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:57 pm

Last time I check Michigan was still a right to work state. Scripts made a business decision and these employees were well aware of the consequence.

This just translates into no one wants to hire these religious nut cases so they are sueing to try and get some cash to live on.

They can have "deeply held religious beliefs" up until those endanger other employees, the public or the business. Imagine the storm that would come down on Scripts if she would have infected someone who she interviewed for a story.

She is a product Scripts invested in and expect to produce for them. If they have to limit what she does and how she interacts with other staff in a way that limits their return on investment they have every right to separate and move on.

She just needs to put on her big girl pants, suck it up and accept the consequences.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

chuck1973

Post by chuck1973 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:31 pm

If memory serves, Falzone announced she was leaving the anchor desk when Avery departed the station and would return part time only after having another kid or something like that. Since she was on-air staff, she must have a 1 or 2 year contract that usually the station can terminate at any time? Either way, not fun for any party involved.

Jeff Cunningham

Post by Jeff Cunningham » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:49 pm

Make a bad choice. Live with it.
Simple as that.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:10 am

I think this will be settled out of court and Scripps will be giving Deanna some $$$ to make the lawsuit go away in my opinion. I don't have any dog in this fight and I doubt you will ever hear about the case again whether it is settled or not be years before this lawsuit is ever heard.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:41 pm

I agree with your prediction.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:10 am

Which Bible verse covers vaccines?

handbanana

Post by handbanana » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:51 am

Maybe the bosses were just following the bible? Timothy 2:12 says that since Deanna is a woman she should remain silent.

EricGRR

Post by EricGRR » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:59 pm

MasterB wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:10 am
I think this will be settled out of court and Scripps will be giving Deanna some $$$ to make the lawsuit go away in my opinion. I don't have any dog in this fight and I doubt you will ever hear about the case again whether it is settled or not be years before this lawsuit is ever heard.
I think you are right. It will go one of two ways. Either they will drag it out until the plaintiffs can’t afford legal costs or they will settle quickly to make it go away. It all depends on how much money she wants from them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic