Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jack Hogan former WZZM-TV news director has passed away

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
originalzzmfmjock

Jack Hogan former WZZM-TV news director has passed away

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:29 pm

Information I have received that former TV13 News Director Jack Hogan has passed away in Florida at the age of 89. Jack was with WZZM from its inception in 1962 until 1986. I never worked directly for Jack, but did get to know him quite well in the early 70s. I would also have the pleasure of working with Jack in the 80's and 90's when he was hired as the information director for the City of Grand Rapids. Jack built the news operation at 13 from the ground up and it was a power house news operation in the 70's and 80's. He hired guys like Craig James, Bill Stephen, the late Lee VanAmeyde and many more. In fact, Bill has a nice tribute to Jack posted on his blog, if you'd like to read more about Jack and his career. Jack Hogan may you rest in peace my friend.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic