Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Doctor complains about TV 8's Whitney Burney's looks on screen

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
rugratsonline

Doctor complains about TV 8's Whitney Burney's looks on screen

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:45 pm

...to a point where he also included his address and phone number in his "critique":

https://www.rawstory.com/racist-doctor- ... formation/

Sholmes

Re: Doctor complains about TV 8's Whitney Burney's looks on screen

Post by Sholmes » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:23 am

There is just one in West Michigan with that name and a phone number that starts with a 2

Should figure out which hospitals he has access to and complain to those health systems

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

inmyopinion

Post by inmyopinion » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:39 pm

Sholmes wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:23 am
There is just one in West Michigan with that name and a phone number that starts with a 2

Should figure out which hospitals he has access to and complain to those health systems

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Borgess. Was simple Sat night to track down.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:16 am

Guy sounds like a gigantic creep. It's one thing to give wardrobe or makeup advice, but to use the language he did is absolutely out of line.

I happen to think she looks very nice. The good doctor is a nutcase, I suspect.

chuck1973

Post by chuck1973 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:58 am

The Doctors management needs to become aware of this. A person who deals with patients decides to publicly put something like this out there? I'm not sure he should be allowed to see patients, it's a really bad look. I'd be very nervous if I was a young woman who had an appointment with this creep. Unfortunate for Ms. Burney, but at least this creep is out there now, exposed as the idiot he is. Any idea how to reach Dr. Creepy James D. Gilbert's management?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:37 am

Upon further thought, I must say the remarks were so out of line, that I cannot help but wonder if someone was blackmailing him.

I think it is a distinct possibility.

Frosty

Post by Frosty » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:47 pm

.....exactly what I suspect. She didn't air this dirty laundry without vetting it first, did she?
I assume the doctor was contacted.
It would be so easy to catfish the doctor that it's not funny.
So, what is the rest of the story?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:16 pm

I loved her response and commend her for it. She just shrugged it off and laughed at the message.

chuck1973

Post by chuck1973 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:24 pm

I don’t totally buy that Dr Creep has been setup, though it’s not impossible. Searching him, puts his age 65-75, if that site was reliable. Could be one of those types who's really proud of his doctoral credentials. It wouldn’t shock me if he wanted his credentials to further solidify his opinion to who he thought he was emailing at WOOD. Most people aren’t smart enough to create burner emails to slander a local reporter. I’m sure Ms. Burney checked his email address. It must have seemed pretty real to cause her to post.

Either way, WOODTV and his hospital group management should investigate.

inmyopinion

Post by inmyopinion » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:11 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:37 am
Upon further thought, I must say the remarks were so out of line, that I cannot help but wonder if someone was blackmailing him.

I think it is a distinct possibility.
Never underestimate how stupid (and in this case sexist and borderline racist) someone can be. Fool me 37 times...shame on me. Real simple to trace the email account it came from, and have you seen this doctor's reviews? There is no doubt he's a first class tool.

MasterB

Re: Doctor complains about TV 8's Whitney Burney

Post by MasterB » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:17 am

I was surprised that James the troll put out his info as an MD. what he said about Whitney Burney was way out of line. James could've been a coward and not put his name like most cowards and trolls do online.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Deleted User 15062

Re: Doctor complains about TV 8's Whitney Burney

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:21 am

MasterB wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:17 am
I was surprised that James the troll put out his info as an MD. what he said about Whitney Burney was way out of line. James could've been a coward and not put his name like most cowards and trolls do online.
Looks like he wants FREE marketing. If this is true, check this thread. He clearly got his name out there. TV opinion nets on cable do the same thing, knowing some things they report on are false and fake. Fact is, this is not a new concept. I'm not saying that this is the reason he did it, but it should be considered as a possibility. And as a nutcase, it gets more sensationalized.

This reminds me of how "news" never changes or evolved from the 1950's. Same formulas, same drama. Only the hairstyles were changed to protect the innocent.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic