Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Reece Cole joins the FOX 17 Weather Team

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Thunderstorm

Reece Cole joins the FOX 17 Weather Team

Post by Thunderstorm » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:22 pm

Posted at 6:00 AM, Jan 16, 2022 and last updated 8:29 AM, Jan 16, 2022
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Meteorologist Reece Cole is the newest member of the FOX 17 Weather Team.

Reece makes his on-air debut on FOX 17 News at 10 p.m. Sunday. He will forecast for the FOX 17 weekend evenings and some newscasts during the week.

He comes from KSWO-TV in Lawton, OK, where he was a part-time meteorologist fellow while working toward his meteorology degree at the University of Oklahoma.

It's a return home for Reece. He grew up in the Gun Lake area of Barry County.

You can follow Reece on social media on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Learn more about Reece by checking out these 10 fun facts.

1) I graduated from Thornapple Kellogg High School while growing up on Gun Lake. I played a variety of sports including swimming, cross country, golf and football. I’m excited for my first full-time position to be in my hometown area!

2) I gained my passion for weather when I was 7 watching a story on The Weather Channel about a tornado. I had a dream about it that night and became instantly addicted to knowing everything about the weather.

3) My grandparents gave me the nickname ‘Radar Reece’ as I became obsessed with watching the weathercasts and radar all day long. Some friends and family just call me ‘Radar’ now.

4) I attended The University of Oklahoma for the Meteorology Program with a minor in Broadcasting. I was a Weather Anchor and Reporter with the university program OU Nightly. BOOMER SOONER!

5) My first professional position was at KSWO in Lawton, OK as a Fellowship Meteorologist where I forecasted multiple rounds of severe weather and tornadoes. I went storm chasing in Northwest Texas.

6) I'm a big sports fan for the Sooners and Spartans, as well as the Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons and Lions!

7) My favorite things to do are outdoors; boating, tubing, hiking, and wakeboarding. I finally learned how to water ski this summer.

8) I used to have a Pop-Tart addiction, eating at least one package every day. Just before I turned 20, I cut myself off completely. I can still guess the flavor by the texture of the package.

9) I’ll always try new foods, but I am picky! I don’t like any type of potatoes, casseroles, or soups. I can’t cook very well, either.

10) My family loves the water and lake life. My parents sold the house and live on a boat on Lake Michigan in the summers and in Florida in the winters.
Last edited by Thunderstorm on Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Reece Cole joins the FOX 17 Weather Team

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:10 am

Boy, sloppy editing on WXMI's part.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:01 am

True that, MW metalhead, on their ignoring the "Write, Read, Send" rule of online or social media posting, but this may have come down as first word of Lena Meijer's passing was made public.

Regardless, a little attention brings on that reasonable amount of professionalism media outlets should hold to.

Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:18 am

I should of read it better, before I copy and paste it. Got rid of the duplicate stuff.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:17 am

I think they should have kept Haleigh on the weekend evening newscast just my opinion & let Reece do weekend mornings just my opinion. I wonder who he'd root for if the Sooner & Spartans VS each other in football or would he be fan undecided when they played.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Jay2ThePee

Post by Jay2ThePee » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:00 pm

Haleigh Vaughn is one of the most pleasant people I have ever seen on the news. She always has a smile on her face. Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion :)

:arrow: :rollin

uncleducky

Post by uncleducky » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:57 pm

Looks like he is just going in to high school. To bad Laura did not make it. She came along way since her WOOD days.

humblenewsman

Post by humblenewsman » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:35 pm

I expect that as he "settles in" Reece will recognize his Millennial pace of speaking is not doing him any favors during his Weather casts. I see his discomfort each time he gets tongue-tied, eventually giggling it away before picking up where he left off. I wish the best for him as he begins what I'm sure he hopes to be a long broadcasting career as a TV Meteorologist...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic