Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Grand Rapids Nielsen audio numbers

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Grand Rapids Nielsen audio numbers

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:22 pm

https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb127

Star 105.7 received a very nice lift in December, which interestingly enough, appears to have disproportionately come at WLAV's expense!

No Christmas music bounce at all for 100.5 The River.

WFGR continues to post weak beauty pageant numbers, and the small momentum WTNR once had escaped! My dog could program Country and do better than a 1.5 share.

I guess Hot FM's rise of a few months back proved to be a fluke. WLHT also performed unusually poorly. Both stations were likely impacted by Star 105.7's gains.

Overall, a really crappy book for Cumulus, a pretty crappy book for Townsquare, and a great book for iHM. It is worth noting, though, that WOOD AM/FM is down to its lowest mark in ages, and that Michigan Radio actually tied them in ages 12+!

RandJob

Re: Grand Rapids Nielsen audio numbers

Post by RandJob » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:16 pm

You've got to imagine that with Rush allegedly dead (HAS ANYONE SEEN A LONGFORM DEATH CERTIFICATE), and the straight piffle that's on every day after 9am, that WOOD is not going to see the halcyon days of the past.

I don't even think the '22 or '24 election cycles are going to help that any longer. The audience is literally dying, and sometimes at a quicker clip than expected with Covid. Maybe that's why they have hosts grifting on facebook as they lose clients.

In life when I have decisions to make I always think to myself, What Would Scott Hall Do?

Then I buy a bunch of cheap booze and drink myself to sleep.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:14 am

I think the loss of Rush, seasonal listening shifts, and 106.9 running on auxiliary facilities are all factors.

Jay2ThePee

Post by Jay2ThePee » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:26 am

I was not a fan of Rush but he was a very talented broadcaster. I've listened to these guys who were tagged to replace him and they are as generic to my ears as unsalted peanuts.

Bongino would probably be a better fit.

:arrow: :rollin

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:55 am

Bongino is a piece of work.

The two gentlemen currently holding down the fort are doing their own style of radio, aren't trying to be Limbaugh or Hannity clones, and do a show that is more varied in terms of content. I find that refreshing, personally.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic