Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nielsen audio #'s released 9/21

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
48125er

Re: Nielsen audio #'s released 9/21

Post by 48125er » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:01 am

ftballfan wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:35 pm
Greg Buben wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:55 am
Grand Rapids needs some commercial radio stations to flip because they're getting more boring as time goes on. The
first one that should be flipped as I and others have mentioned is "Thunder Country" at 107.3 FM owned by Cumulus. I
have said that all they do is copy the more powerful B-93 with the same modern major label country hits of the 2000's.
Putting that bottom feeder aside Cumulus has some other low ranked stations that are slightly above their "Thunder".
Their "Q" which is WKLQ-FM 94.5 has a AAA format with mostly terrible music and the only artist they seem to play who
is good is Tom Petty. Their AM station with its FM repeater doesn't do well with sports and their "Hot FM" can't beat out
WSNX for the Top 40 fans. The best station in G.R. for Cumulus is their classic rock station WLAV and they don't have
the ratings that they once had. In fact I'd love it if someone who knows the Grand Rapids market would start a classic
rock FM that could compete with WLAV unlike the disaster of "The Fox" back in 2000. Cumulus should consider flipping
all of their stations in Grand Rapids except WLAV. Having said that they should readjust their classic rock playlist and
go back to "live and local" classic rock. When they put the guy on at night who isn't from Grand Rapids they threw out
the "live and local" classic rock concept with that phony host not in G.R. talking about what goes on in Peoria, IL and
elsewhere. Cumulus should either do some interesting things in G.R. or sell their G.R. stations. Again the first station
that they should flip is their "Thunder Country" and then their others plus rearrange WLAV.
If I were in charge of Cumulus:
- WLAV and WKLQ remain mostly as is, but do see playlist updates
- Hot FM moves from the Fremont-based 105.3 to 107.3
- 105.3 goes to a gold-based country format
- The Muskegon group mostly remains as is, except 97.5, 99.1, and 1490 flip to a simulcast of Hot FM
- 1340 and 106.1 goes Urban
Q94.5 is a niche format and should stay the way it is.

Hot FM on 1490 would get 5 listeners at most, Maybe far right Christian strong tower radio would want it, 97.5 could sell to Smile FM or A1 and 99.1 would be good for RadioU or A1 Christian music

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic