Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WOODTV Meteorologist/Weather Producer (part-time)

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Thunderstorm

WOODTV Meteorologist/Weather Producer (part-time)

Post by Thunderstorm » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:45 pm

I found this today on WOOD TV web site.

Wonder if someone is leaving or they are adding to their staff.

Meteorologist/Weather Producer (part-time)
by: WOOD TV8

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 / 12:44 PM EDT / Updated: Jul 28, 2021 / 12:44 PM EDT

REQUIREMENTS: West Michigan’s legacy station, WOOD TV8, has a rare part-time opportunity to join Storm Team 8 and work alongside some of the most experienced meteorologists in the country. Our team has more than 100 years of combined forecasting experience. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about weather – able to deliver and clearly communicate an accurate forecast – and creatively tell the weather story on TV and digital platforms. You will work closely with our weather team and assist in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating weather programming and other weather-related content.

Apply HERE.

No phone calls please.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WOODTV Meteorologist/Weather Producer (part-time)

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 pm

I bet they already have a candidate; that posting was probably made for EEO purposes only.

EricGRR

Post by EricGRR » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:20 pm

Maybe they are looking for Bill’s replacement and it’s only going to be a part time position? Usually when someone is named Chief Emeritus at a station they only stay on for 1-2 years before they disappear. Although there are a couple of exceptions.

zackeast

Post by zackeast » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:18 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 pm
I bet they already have a candidate; that posting was probably made for EEO purposes only.
As far as I know in my EEO travels, part-time postings are not necessary to report for EEO.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:47 pm

Did not know that - thanks for the info.

Big-D

Post by Big-D » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:39 pm

My understanding is that the Storm Team 8 office has their five on air talents, a couple of part timers that never see air time, and a couple of interns. Probably one of their part timers got hired full time in another market.

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic