Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

H*** Show & Michigan Sports Network to 96.1 FM

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
zackeast

Re: H*** Show & Michigan Sports Network to 96.1 FM

Post by zackeast » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:47 am

96.1 may have dropped ESPN somewhat silently because there's a bit of buzz that Disney is killing ESPN Radio all together...

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:02 am

If Disney is Killing ESPN radio; then can we blame Disney for killing College Football? Because ESPN's love of Alabama and the SEC???? And also H++E killed the local market when it comes to Sports Radio too...

soapshooter

Post by soapshooter » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:59 pm

When I'm driving during the day I usually listen to 97.1. Jim Costa has been doing an excellent job over there filling in for the regulars while they've been on vacations and now doing a lion shows. Kids got some good talent definitely a really good up-and-comer. It wouldn't surprise me at all that if someone was close to being at the end of their contract our retirement they'll give him a full-time gig in his own show or at least co-hosting.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:39 am

Several weeks after the name change, the RDS for WMAX-FM still identifies the station as "ESPN 96.1."

I guess the folks inside that building are too lazy to change it.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:48 pm

Chalk me up as another one who has enjoyed Jim Costa. I think he is fitting in well at 97.1 so far. No complaints.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

RandJob

Post by RandJob » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:34 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:48 pm
Chalk me up as another one who has enjoyed Jim Costa. I think he is fitting in well at 97.1 so far. No complaints.
I was pleasantly surprised to hear him during the Lions game a few weeks back when I was listening to the game. Considering the ratings success he had, I'm glad he was able to make the move up to Detroit.

In life when I have decisions to make I always think to myself, What Would Scott Hall Do?

Then I buy a bunch of cheap booze and drink myself to sleep.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:26 pm

RandJob wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:34 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:48 pm
I was pleasantly surprised to hear him during the Lions game a few weeks back when I was listening to the game. Considering the ratings success he had, I'm glad he was able to make the move up to Detroit.
That's where I like to hear him, too. He sounds large market without trying to sound "shocking" like Jeff Riger, "coked out" like Dan Leach or "angry" like Mike Valenti (even though I dig Valenti). He's real in a time when everyone tries to have some kind of shtick.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic