Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WTLJ adding 3 subchannels

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
format this

WTLJ adding 3 subchannels

Post by format this » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:50 pm

54.4 through 54.6 shows a “coming soon” screen on each. Any dirt sheets out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Trophyhead

Re: WTLJ adding 3 subchannels

Post by Trophyhead » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:28 am

Guess I will have to scroll by, or rescan to see what may be coming.

I spend most of my time on the WLLA Metroplex, had some trouble receiving WOOD and its subchannels recently, got it back at last check. Glad that WWMT adjusted its transmission, so they are a more stable resource.

Don't know what the durability of my 12-year old "Local Special" antenna was expected to be, WZZM and its outlets fell out of service about 2 years ago.

statmanmi

Post by statmanmi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:10 pm

Hello format this and Trophyhead,

I have no industry insight, but can offer these observations/guesses:

* Ours is not the only market with TCT-owned stations having "Coming Soon" sub-channels pop up in the last couple of days. Posters on AVSForum have noticed the same in the Flint/Tri-Cities market to our east, and the Buffalo, NY market.

* With the Nexstar contract term ending with Bounce and some of the other now-Scripps owned Katz networks, I'd been wondering where Bounce would land (pardon the pun) in our market. So maybe that'll be one of the new streams within 54-x? Other TCT-owned stations have Bounce already.

* Nexstar has publicized that the new Rewind TV spinoff they're creating from Antenna TV will be on WOOD TV 8-2 (replacing Bounce) on launch day of Wed. Sept. 1st. (Rewind TV will focus on 80s and since; Antenna TV will refocus on earlier--but continue with their successful Johnny Carson reruns from all years.)

* Yesterday Nexstar announced that the new SportsGrid Network will be available in the Grand Rapids market on launch day, also Wed. Sept. 1st. But the press release didn't identify which station: https://www.nexstar.tv/nexstar-media-an ... sy-sports/.

* Also unknown thus far are the stations that will have the reimagined Newsy over-the-air offering, which Scripps will launch on October 1st. I mention here, even though it's unlikely that this week's coming soon channels would be showing up over a month in advance of this starting up.

* Since TCT has theGrio already, perhaps that relationship with Byron Allen's endeavors may bring about inclusion of Local Now and/or thisTV?

One thing is for certain--we'll know how this all shakes out by Labor Day, won't we?

Cheers! ~~ Statmanmi

Jason Kragt

Post by Jason Kragt » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:31 pm

Trophyhead wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:28 am
Don't know what the durability of my 12-year old "Local Special" antenna was expected to be, WZZM and its outlets fell out of service about 2 years ago.
I modified my area special antenna by removing the UHF-only element designed for RF 35 and 54. It now consists of 2 antennas. The VHF-only element can span both 11 (WGVU) and 13 (WZZM) to the NNE. The multi-purpose part points East to the main tower cluster for the market. The only thing it misses is WTLJ (RF 24).

statmanmi

Post by statmanmi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:54 pm

Another finding: I looked ahead to 8/31 through 9/2 dates in TitanTV, and it appears that on 9/1:

WOTV 41.3 will become Charge!

Reintroducing it over-the-air in our market, and eliminating the current redundancy of Grit (already available on WZPX 43.3).

My wife and I have gotten accustom to finding the Charge! content within the STIRR streaming app. But it'll be great again to have it on a local channel, won't it?

TitanTV also shows programming starting on 9/1 for WOOD 8.2 that is consistent with what's been announced for Rewind TV.

But no insight provided yet in TitanTV regarding the Bounce programming.

Take care, Statmanmi

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:23 am

Why didn't WWMT ever make Charge .4 since it's a Sinclair diginet I know Fox17 had Charge until Feb of this year. Sportsgrid will be on Wood TV .3, I wonder if WXSP .3 will be blank or if they add another network onto it on Sep 1?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:12 am

Like WGVU one would assume one or two will be audio feeds. Evangelical talk radio hasn't been able to build off the success of Christian Contemporary radio. Women mostly listening to the latter and men to the former. One of each would make sense.

Random_Dude

Post by Random_Dude » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:30 am

2/3 of the answer to the question about 54.x's 3 new subs, can be learned with the first link:

https://watchdigitv.com/markets

Here's a little more info on this new network:

https://thedesk.net/2021/09/digi-tv-net ... broadcast/

The other 2 subs are unknown, but speculation might look at something like this, that I heard was showing up OTA somewhere in Texas: (the "family friendly" thing would seem to fit in at WLLA)

https://classicreruns.com/

Or another new one doing old reruns:

https://www.metv.com/metvplus/

And one of purely wishful thinking on my behalf, instead of all the ancient reruns and infomercial/shopping stuff, I'd like to see someone carry this service based in Cadillac, MI:

https://www.yournewsnet.com/

statmanmi

Post by statmanmi » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Hi All,

The fact that WTLJ’s broadcast has been absent from the airwaves since about 8:30 last evening (10/11) piqued my curiosity enough that I tracked down a couple of email addresses and sent a message noting they likely are already aware of being off.

I received a prompt response from the VP of Engineering that there’s a power outage, and that the responsible electric company should have things restored this afternoon.

I also asked about 54-4 teasing “coming soon” since late August. He advised the thought then was a contract was almost in place, but that the lawyers for both sides have yet to finalize things thus far even now. No disclosure nor hint to me about what the content will be.

Likely many reading this have found that 54-5 now has “digi TV” (mostly British and Australian shows) and 54-6 is ShopLC, which continues to be available redundantly on WLLA’s 64-9.

Enjoy! ~~ Statmanmi
format this wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:50 pm
54.4 through 54.6 shows a “coming soon” screen on each. Any dirt sheets out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:25 am

WTLJ is out on Spectrum channel 2 guessing that WTLJ power hasn't been restored. I don't watch the channel since I'm not into faith base programs I don't get why they don't air some general entertainment shows.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:28 pm

I thought 54.2 or .3 had Roy Rogers on, like at 11:30 p.m. weeknights, way back when. They also had the original Pink Panther show on Saturday mornings at 10 a.m., for a time. Stuff like that came and went there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic