Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

99.1 The Ticket on the air

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
cckadlec

99.1 The Ticket on the air

Post by cckadlec » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:03 am

I noticed last night here in Fremont that The Ticket (Muskegon) has come on the air on 99.1 finally. I'm not sure if "finally" is the right word, because I was overjoyed when their CP expired this past January, meaning the window for them to go on the air had CLOSED. Yet here they are, signing on in July, 6 months after their authorization from the FCC had expired. Not cool. Turns out they submitted papers to the FCC within the past week.

The signal was strong on seek with RDS last night with overall conditions on the band pretty quiet. This morning, it's all WMYX in and around town with WFMK behind it. I thought The Ticket had totally gone back off the air but I can hear it peeking through here and there around town. I just checked my portable and it is nowhere to be found at all.

So I'm not sure of the status. It was overwhelmingly strong last night - more than just nighttime enhancement. And just barely audible at all now. I'll take that because WMYX is my preset and I have been a loyal listener for many years. I don't need some stupid pointless sports station taking it out. There are enough of them and stations these days are just signing on needlessly as translators and hogging the band.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

RandJob

Re: 99.1 The Ticket on the air

Post by RandJob » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:18 am

I'm wondering if they resurrected this signal request as they get ready to clear Dan Bongino. He's a H*** priority (no pun intended) for Cumulus and the word is they're flipping more of their properties.

I have to imagine they have an eye on Grand Rapids/Muskegon. Considering they no longer have any real vested interest in the sports property, it seems like an easy decision for Westwood One.

In life when I have decisions to make I always think to myself, What Would Scott Hall Do?

Then I buy a bunch of cheap booze and drink myself to sleep.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:20 pm

I wonder why 99.1 was chosen instead of 99.5 or 99.7?

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:56 pm

Many of the translator CPs that were due to expire last winter got six month extensions due to the pandemic.

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:35 am

99.1 flipped to Nash Icon (parallel low-power 97.5 on the Montague water tower) yesterday. Since Nash Icon is still at really low power to the point I can just barely even compare the two 20 miles from its tower, 99.1 fills in a void in 97.5's poor coverage area and gives Muskegon and Grand Haven a signal before WMYX starts to take over. Here in Fremont, it comes in well when conditions are quieter or at night in areas, otherwise more WMYX. Better than sports anyway, but makes me wonder if their primary AM signal has switched from sports to country or if they are directly using 97.5's FM feed.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:25 am

They sure picked a stupid frequency to use!

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:07 pm

cckadlec wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:35 am
99.1 flipped to Nash Icon (parallel low-power 97.5 on the Montague water tower) yesterday. Since Nash Icon is still at really low power to the point I can just barely even compare the two 20 miles from its tower, 99.1 fills in a void in 97.5's poor coverage area and gives Muskegon and Grand Haven a signal before WMYX starts to take over. Here in Fremont, it comes in well when conditions are quieter or at night in areas, otherwise more WMYX. Better than sports anyway, but makes me wonder if their primary AM signal has switched from sports to country or if they are directly using 97.5's FM feed.
I spun through the AM dial briefly and 1490 (in Whitehall) was airing Nash Icon on Friday

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic