Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michael Sirianni

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Steve Dirksen

Michael Sirianni

Post by Steve Dirksen » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:53 am

This is one of the hardest things I have ever written. My friend Michael passed away this morning from MS. His wife Jackie informed me just after 6am. Michael was a friend, a brother, a midday guy, a follower of Jesus, a third baseman, a lover of thousand island dressing and if I recall correctly, Tony Gates once said he had a voice like "butta". My words could never do a tribute to Michael as it should be done, but I will take some comfort knowing that his voice and hand gestures that go with it, will be with HIS voice from now on. I believe I will listen to Steely Dan today.

Trophyhead

Re: Michael Sirianni

Post by Trophyhead » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:02 am

^^^^ I always sought to avoid interrupting your conversations with Michael when you were with him in the "Star" studio, Steve. I did enjoy taking tidbits on the Tigers in there to him, when they came in off the wire, to watch his eyes light up. In those days, you could still beat most websites by following the teletype.

Deepest condolences to Jackie, Michael was a smooth sounding, good looking, kind fellow to work with. RIP.
Last edited by Trophyhead on Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:35 pm

I know that Michael hasn't been doing well for quite some time, but reading Steve's post this morning still hit me like a ton of bricks. Michael was the ultimate professional and a really nice guy too. Michael was as close to being a radio star as you could be in Grand Rapids, but you would never know it by talking with him. He was a nice friendly guy who was kind to everyone he came in contact with.

I first met Mike in 1976 when he was working the night shift at WTRU/Muskegon (using the name Mike Stevens) and I was working at a competing station in the market. I was so impressed that I offered him a job at our station, but he was smart enough not to take it. To the early 80's when Mike went to work at WLAV-FM. In the mid 80's he was program director and on air host on WJFM 93.7 during their top 40 years. In about 1988 Mike came to work at WLHT on the mid day show. It was magic from the very beginning. Michael fit that station to a tee and turned some monster numbers on WLHT for about 10 years. I worked with Mike during these years of the late 80's through mid 90's and he and the station were very successful under the direction of Program Director Steve Dirksen. Without a doubt the best radio station I ever had the pleasure to work for and there isn't even a close 2nd. I also worked with Michael at WOOD-FM Easy 105.7 in the late 90's and at WODJ in the early 2000's. Michael then would finish his career in the 2000's working the mid day show at WCSG-FM where again he turned some monster ratings numbers.

My condolences go out to his wife Jackie and the rest of Michaels family. He was a really good radio announcer and even a better person. Michael Sirianni may you rest in peace my friend.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:15 pm

Deepest condolences to family, friends and past colleagues.

Very talented broadcaster and great guy based on everything I've read and heard.

frankling

Post by frankling » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:21 pm

Well said Steve....I will always remember his smile, and his upbeat outlook on life....

48125er

Post by 48125er » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:58 pm

REst in peace To Mike sirianni.

LongIsland

Post by LongIsland » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:08 am

Very nice Celebration of Life gathering yesterday for Michael. Good words from his pastor, Steve, and Kate.

You lived life well, Michael.

Big-D

Post by Big-D » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:01 pm

I’m late for this one. Never met Michael but I always enjoyed listening to him on air. I did work with his wife Jackie at WOOD TV. Condolences to her and the family.

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic