Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bob Moore and Bill Hollon former WZZM-FM jocks R.I.P.

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
originalzzmfmjock

Bob Moore and Bill Hollon former WZZM-FM jocks R.I.P.

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:50 pm

I've been meaning to post this for some time, but keep getting busy and forget to do so. Two of my former co-workers at WZZM-FM in the early 70's have passed away.

Bob Moore worked the morning show on ZZM 1970-73. He had previously worked in Muskegon at WTRU and WMUS. Bob later became an engineer and worked in many major markets including for WCBS AM/FM in New York. In recent years Bob retired and lived in his home town of Fremont, Michigan. Bob was critically injured in a motorcycle accident in 2017 and never really fully recovered. He passed away on June 13.

I also found out last night that former ZZM afternoon personality and Program Director Bill Hollon passed away on April 15. Bill worked at several stations throughout the years including WMAX in 1964, WERX in 1965-66, WGRD 1966 and WZZM 1967-73. Bill hired me at ZZM in 1969 to work weekends and hired me full time in 1970 to be his assistant program director and music director. Both of these gentlemen were mentors to me in my early years in radio and I will be forever grateful to both of them. May they RIP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic