Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

non commercial fm radio in G.R.

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Greg Buben

non commercial fm radio in G.R.

Post by Greg Buben » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:24 pm

In Grand Rapids it's the non commercial FM radio stations that offfer the best variety of programming. On the weekends
you can listen to Greg Blueben with the blues every Friday and Saturday nights going into Saturday and Sunday mornings
with more blues than what's being offered in Chicago and Detroit on WGVU-FM. On Sundays you can listen to jazz with the
Jazz Warrior Harvey Mc Knight and other jazz shows on WGVU-FM. On weeknights you can listen to jazz with Scott Vander-
Werf on WGVU-FM. During the daytime WGVU-FM offers NPR and news/talk. For more NPR there's WVGR. The station from
Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp WBLU offers classical music and on late nights and Saturday morning they offer jazz. Also in the
market we have WYCE that offers strange mixes of various music and of course there's the Christian stations WCSG, WGNB,
and WNHG. Even our AM non commercial station WGVU-AM offers "Real Oldies" of the 50's, 60's., and 70's. Although I'd like
to have more variety on the radio Grand Rapids sets a good example for the rest of MI. It makes markets like Flint, The Tri
Cities, and closer to home Kalamazoo and Battle Creek look sick. If I could I'd like to help the rest of MI get diversity on the
non commercial FM radio stations because the big companies from far away cities that own most of the commercial
stations have no interest in diversity.
Greg Buben

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic