Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Annie Szatkowski Leaving Fox 17

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Localnewsisdead

Annie Szatkowski Leaving Fox 17

Post by Localnewsisdead » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:50 pm

Long time Fox 17 anchor/reporter Annie Szatkowski is leaving the station.

Here is her facebook post announcing her departure:

💙The Carolinas are calling 💙
After more than 10 years of Midwest winters, it’s time for us to make our home somewhere where temps below zero aren’t a thing. 🙌🏼
Starting in May, I’ll be joining the FOX 46 team in Charlotte, NC as their newest anchor/reporter. ✨
While I will NOT miss lake effect snow, “Michigan Lefts,” and MSU fans (sorry)... I WILL miss this amazing West Michigan community and my #FOXFam so very much.
My last day at FOX 17 will be April 23rd... so in the meantime, I’ll be over here soaking up this entire last month 💕
PS: despite his face, Carver is also very excited... he was just SUPER focused on the treat behind the camera 😂

MasterB

Re: Annie Szatkowski Leaving Fox 17

Post by MasterB » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:53 pm

Congrats Annie on moving to Charlotte NC and joining WJZY Fox46 all the best as well. I was surprised that Fox sold it to Nexstar for Seattle and Milwaukee since Fox likes to be in NFC NFL markets the Panthers weren't a big draw for them?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Annie Szatkowski Leaving Fox 17

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:47 am

Last time I checked, Fox 46 had low ratings for its news product. I mean really, really, REALLY low ratings. Did not realize FOX sold it! I can see why they did, though, if they received Seattle in return!

WSOC-TV (channel 9) and WBTV (channel 3) are the stations probably 80 percent of that market's viewers watch for news.

Tegna's WCNC-TV, a former CW (and longtime former FOX affiliate) called WCCB, and WJZY pick up the scraps.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic