Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Thoughts on Rush Limbaugh's legacy

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Freqman

Re: Thoughts on Rush Limbaugh's legacy

Post by Freqman » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:16 pm

How do we know he's even dead? Why are they refusing to release the long form death certificate? Is he secretly living in Kenya?

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:18 pm

Clearly, Donald Trump is the perfect man to assist in this ^^^^^ regard.

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:34 pm

The title of this thread is about Rush, so that is what I am going to discuss. I personally will miss Rush Limbaugh! Rush had a great way of putting things into perspective and he has done great things in the conservative movement. He is a Radio legend, brilliant mind, and one of the greats. I am noticing a lot of people are pointing out his flaws... In Reese's first post he was quick to point out his RX drug addiction... We all have the right to do that. In my life, I have been addicted to many things... Specifically Alcohol, cigarettes, and hard drugs. I thank God every day for my experience as I really understand how literally anyone can be addicted to drugs... From famous radio hosts, rappers, politicians, preachers, moms, dads ect. And truly, all of the above are. I have been sober now for years... I give that glory to GOD.

I am sure a lot of you think I am crazy, and I think a lot of you are as well. My point is that someone's past, mistakes, or sins shouldn't define who they are as a person. I can respect that people do not like Rush, but I can help but see that you are holding him to a different standard than you hold everyone else. The only reason there is so much hate on this thread is because his view points disagree with yours... If you cant see that you are fooling yourself. We need to all stop being so critical, it drives the wedge in deeper and deeper.

I wish all of you the best (even you jesusjenny:)

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:39 pm

Autoblemike wrote:The title of this thread is about Rush, so that is what I am going to discuss. I personally will miss Rush Limbaugh! Rush had a great way of putting things into perspective and he has done great things in the conservative movement. He is a Radio legend, brilliant mind, and one of the greats. I am noticing a lot of people are pointing out his flaws... In Reese's first post he was quick to point out his RX drug addiction... We all have the right to do that. In my life, I have been addicted to many things... Specifically Alcohol, cigarettes, and hard drugs. I thank God every day for my experience as I really understand how literally anyone can be addicted to drugs... From famous radio hosts, rappers, politicians, preachers, moms, dads ect. And truly, all of the above are. I have been sober now for years... I give that glory to GOD.

I am sure a lot of you think I am crazy, and I think a lot of you are as well. My point is that someone's past, mistakes, or sins shouldn't define who they are as a person. I can respect that people do not like Rush, but I can help but see that you are holding him to a different standard than you hold everyone else. The only reason there is so much hate on this thread is because his view points disagree with yours... If you cant see that you are fooling yourself. We need to all stop being so critical, it drives the wedge in deeper and deeper.

I wish all of you the best (even you jesusjenny:)
I wish I had as successful career as Rush

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reese K Rickards

Post by Reese K Rickards » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:54 pm

Correction: I gave him a pass on his drug addiction. I only called out his hypocrisy.

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:03 pm

Reese K Rickards wrote:Correction: I gave him a pass on his drug addiction. I only called out his hypocrisy.
Eyeroll

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:00 am

Reese K Rickards wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:54 pm
Correction: I gave him a pass on his drug addiction. I only called out his hypocrisy.
If you are pointing it out years later, are you REALLY giving him a pass? We live in a world of hypocrites... As long as you are calling everyone out for their hypocrisy equally, not just the conservative talkers.

Examples of Hypocrisy:
Newsome closing restaurants- but opening them for his cronies
Whitmer shutting down the state- her husband putting the yacht in the water
Every women's sexual assault should be heard- Unless you are Tara Reade
Pelosi Shutting down small business- Accept when she needs to get her hair done

It seems like we are losing our sensibility here (not meant for Reese, much respect for Reese)... People on here are saying they are glad he is dead, and other terrible things and accusing people of being a conspiracy theorist when they are just saying conservative things. AndyMuskegon, you and I know each other and we have always had a great relationship... Based on how you treat like-minded people on here I would think you absolutely hate me... If you do, so be it... add it to the growing list. I have always treated you with kindness and you have always been kind to me as well. I don't know... This all just seems so crazy to me... and sad really.

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:38 am

Autoblemike wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:00 am
Reese K Rickards wrote:
If you are pointing it out years later, are you REALLY giving him a pass? We live in a world of hypocrites... As long as you are calling everyone out for their hypocrisy equally, not just the conservative talkers.

Examples of Hypocrisy:

It seems like we are losing our sensibility here (not meant for Reese, much respect for Reese)... People on here are saying they are glad he is dead, and other terrible things and accusing people of being a conspiracy theorist when they are just saying conservative things. AndyMuskegon, you and I know each other and we have always had a great relationship... Based on how you treat like-minded people on here I would think you absolutely hate me... If you do, so be it... add it to the growing list. I have always treated you with kindness and you have always been kind to me as well. I don't know... This all just seems so crazy to me... and sad really.
Mike, there is a vast difference between "people saying conservative things" and those who have willfully been emboldened by the example set over the last 4 years from the top, the last ___ years with Rush and the overwhelming amount of gasoline poured on all of it by those with bank accounts high enough to poison the mindsets of an entire population through social media. I dare you to find one instance of me not being upfront and dignified with a conservative voice or a liberal when it comes to those who practice what they preach. If however you define conservatism as the example set over the last while of the name calling, intimidation, complete disregard of the necessity to think of more than yourself and then the offshoots from that of storming the state and federal capitals in an effort to destroy all that we know....you might need to add me to your list. That in no way is conservatism.

This is all really sad, I couldn't agree more....and if you know me and maybe you follow me elsewhere on social media, you'll see too that I have been endlessly saying that those who are enemies of our way of life have found the crack....they found where we can be divided and it doesn't ever require a bullet to get us to turn on one another. They have paid for enough of your data, and mine to feed us what they want us to hear to divide us and I have been SCREAMING for sensible regulation on all social media. If we in broadcasting can live under what can and can't be said on the air, the idea of giving those who use social media as their "freedom of speech" platforms had better know full well that there are consequences just like anyone of us using one of the 7 bad swears on the radio or tv, and of those bad swears....are they worse than paid disinformation? To me, the stakes are much higher.

The truth is, and as you've said.....you know me....so by example you've probably seen that I am pretty middle of the road and pretty respectful of anyone's mindset, however....this rot that's effected all of us....the time has come to say something about it, and how it's not even close to "conservatism" and if me finally saying enough is enough is somehow me poo poo'ing your core values as a conservative, I would sincerely hope that you read more into the words and argument I am making, because it's not against any values it's against the abuse of them by those who gladly pay and the companies who take the money to spread it because their bottom line is more important than all we hold dear.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:55 am

andymuskegon wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:38 am
Autoblemike wrote:
Reese K Rickards wrote:

Examples of Hypocrisy:

Mike, there is a vast difference between "people saying conservative things" and those who have willfully been emboldened by the example set over the last 4 years from the top, the last ___ years with Rush and the overwhelming amount of gasoline poured on all of it by those with bank accounts high enough to poison the mindsets of an entire population through social media. I dare you to find one instance of me not being upfront and dignified with a conservative voice or a liberal when it comes to those who practice what they preach. If however you define conservatism as the example set over the last while of the name calling, intimidation, complete disregard of the necessity to think of more than yourself and then the offshoots from that of storming the state and federal capitals in an effort to destroy all that we know....you might need to add me to your list. That in no way is conservatism.

This is all really sad, I couldn't agree more....and if you know me and maybe you follow me elsewhere on social media, you'll see too that I have been endlessly saying that those who are enemies of our way of life have found the crack....they found where we can be divided and it doesn't ever require a bullet to get us to turn on one another. They have paid for enough of your data, and mine to feed us what they want us to hear to divide us and I have been SCREAMING for sensible regulation on all social media. If we in broadcasting can live under what can and can't be said on the air, the idea of giving those who use social media as their "freedom of speech" platforms had better know full well that there are consequences just like anyone of us using one of the 7 bad swears on the radio or tv, and of those bad swears....are they worse than paid disinformation? To me, the stakes are much higher.

The truth is, and as you've said.....you know me....so by example you've probably seen that I am pretty middle of the road and pretty respectful of anyone's mindset, however....this rot that's effected all of us....the time has come to say something about it, and how it's not even close to "conservatism" and if me finally saying enough is enough is somehow me poo poo'ing your core values as a conservative, I would sincerely hope that you read more into the words and argument I am making, because it's not against any values it's against the abuse of them by those who gladly pay and the companies who take the money to spread it because their bottom line is more important than all we hold dear.
I appreciate your response. I know that I am not going to change your mind and responding is likely a futile exercise, but I am having a slower day than normal. Respectfully, I find it interesting that you brought up the capital building issue. I have never met a conservative that actually condoned the capital building attacks. You may call me a "conspiracy theorist" (which is a popular insult on this board) but some of the people that were arrested were also involved in BLM riots, and if you watch the video, you will notice a lot of crazy things like doors being opened for them (facts matter). There are a lot more interesting coincidences around that day but unless you are open to researching you won't believe me. I am sure that there were some bad conservatives in there, but painting everyone with a broad brush is supposed to be the thing that you stand against. James T. Hodgkinson attempted to assassinate several conservative congressmen at a baseball practice, and severely injured Steve Scalise. Do I blame Bernie, Hilary, or the democrats? Of course not.

On the theme of hypocrisy, are we forgetting what Antifa/BLM did to our city and several others? Maybe small main street businesses are not as important as the office where a bunch of corrupt, blackmailed and bribed politicians go to work (both sides are corrupt).... I was so close to the riots that I had to leave in the middle of the night in a hurry with my kids, it was truly terrifying. Keep in mind that real people are being affected... The violence didn't make it to Covell, which makes me happy. I am going to say an unpopular opinion, but I do feel like the left use BLM to manipulate people... Do you ever notice that it has only been an issue every 4 years? They take what would be a decent cause, and politicize it every 4 years. Where is the BLM news now? FYI, no I do not blame you liberals for my city being destroyed.

Also, I am going to push back on what you said about name-calling and bullying while suggesting that social media censorship is legitimate. I completely disagree with you... Facebook (which I no longer participate in) censored me for suggesting that vitamin D is more effective than masks... which it is (facts matter). They also censored me for post-side-by-side mug shots of BLM rioters and capital-building rioters. They censored a group of doctors last year for talking about Hydroxychloroquine. None of this is hate speech, none of it. There is a difference between hate speech and speech that you hate. More social media irony and hypocrisy examples:

-Kathy Griffen holding a severed head
-VEEP saying she will murder trump in an elevator
-Terrorist groups are welcome, yet doctors are censored
-Maxine waters telling supporters to "get in the faces of conservatives at restaurants"

The usual suspects on this board a few months ago roasted a radio personality for making the switch to Parlor. The character assassination was in full force! You accused him of being brainwashed, dumb, a Q person (whatever that means), and a conspiracy theorist. At the end of the day, I really don't feel like you have a clue because you are not listening. Your response to me was sparked by this comment:

" AndyMuskegon, you and I know each other and we have always had a great relationship... Based on how you treat like-minded people on here I would think you absolutely hate me... If you do, so be it... add it to the growing list. I have always treated you with kindness and you have always been kind to me as well. I don't know... This all just seems so crazy to me... and sad really."

Rather than address what I said, you went off about capital building, suggested that I am apart of that, and even suggested that you do hate me. You then brought up all the other stuff I addressed above.

Please keep in mind, I am not trying to challenge your policy... I am trying to challenge the way you are treating people. I do feel like you are in the wrong. On that note, I have been in the wrong in my life too, it's ok! No one is perfect. Self reflectance is important.

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:18 pm

Autoblemike wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:55 am
andymuskegon wrote:
Autoblemike wrote:
Reese K Rickards wrote:

Examples of Hypocrisy:

I appreciate your response. I know that I am not going to change your mind and responding is likely a futile exercise, but I am having a slower day than normal. Respectfully, I find it interesting that you brought up the capital building issue. I have never met a conservative that actually condoned the capital building attacks. You may call me a "conspiracy theorist" (which is a popular insult on this board) but some of the people that were arrested were also involved in BLM riots, and if you watch the video, you will notice a lot of crazy things like doors being opened for them (facts matter). There are a lot more interesting coincidences around that day but unless you are open to researching you won't believe me. I am sure that there were some bad conservatives in there, but painting everyone with a broad brush is supposed to be the thing that you stand against. James T. Hodgkinson attempted to assassinate several conservative congressmen at a baseball practice, and severely injured Steve Scalise. Do I blame Bernie, Hilary, or the democrats? Of course not.

On the theme of hypocrisy, are we forgetting what Antifa/BLM did to our city and several others? Maybe small main street businesses are not as important as the office where a bunch of corrupt, blackmailed and bribed politicians go to work (both sides are corrupt).... I was so close to the riots that I had to leave in the middle of the night in a hurry with my kids, it was truly terrifying. Keep in mind that real people are being affected... The violence didn't make it to Covell, which makes me happy. I am going to say an unpopular opinion, but I do feel like the left use BLM to manipulate people... Do you ever notice that it has only been an issue every 4 years? They take what would be a decent cause, and politicize it every 4 years. Where is the BLM news now? FYI, no I do not blame you liberals for my city being destroyed.

Also, I am going to push back on what you said about name-calling and bullying while suggesting that social media censorship is legitimate. I completely disagree with you... Facebook (which I no longer participate in) censored me for suggesting that vitamin D is more effective than masks... which it is (facts matter). They also censored me for post-side-by-side mug shots of BLM rioters and capital-building rioters. They censored a group of doctors last year for talking about Hydroxychloroquine. None of this is hate speech, none of it. There is a difference between hate speech and speech that you hate. More social media irony and hypocrisy examples:

-Maxine waters telling supporters to "get in the faces of conservatives at restaurants"

The usual suspects on this board a few months ago roasted a radio personality for making the switch to Parlor. The character assassination was in full force! You accused him of being brainwashed, dumb, a Q person (whatever that means), and a conspiracy theorist. At the end of the day, I really don't feel like you have a clue because you are not listening. Your response to me was sparked by this comment:

" AndyMuskegon, you and I know each other and we have always had a great relationship... Based on how you treat like-minded people on here I would think you absolutely hate me... If you do, so be it... add it to the growing list. I have always treated you with kindness and you have always been kind to me as well. I don't know... This all just seems so crazy to me... and sad really."

Rather than address what I said, you went off about capital building, suggested that I am apart of that, and even suggested that you do hate me. You then brought up all the other stuff I addressed above.

Please keep in mind, I am not trying to challenge your policy... I am trying to challenge the way you are treating people. I do feel like you are in the wrong. On that note, I have been in the wrong in my life too, it's ok! No one is perfect. Self reflectance is important.
and keep in mind, rather than reading what i said, you lumped me in with "you liberals" and spun this whole thing around on building attacks instead of looking deeper what was said.

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:32 pm

andymuskegon wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:18 pm
Autoblemike wrote:
andymuskegon wrote:
Autoblemike wrote:
Reese K Rickards wrote:

Examples of Hypocrisy:

and keep in mind, rather than reading what i said, you lumped me in with "you liberals" and spun this whole thing around on building attacks instead of looking deeper what was said.
Touche.. I crossed the line with this "FYI, no I do not blame you liberals for my city being destroyed." "you liberals" was way out of line...

Let's walk through memory lane:

"how's that for a liberal indoctrination response? go fuck yourself" -andymuskegon

"what a pithy q-anon laced reply. who's the snowflake? i am glad this board is saddening to you. beat it" -andymuskegon

"the honorable conservatives in this country are now faced with a faction of mindless idiots who think somehow the path to eternal freedom and joy was paved by a liar who couldn't even manage to make a business work where people literally spent all day coming in and throwing $100 bills at him." -andymuskegon

"it's also time for the "conservatives" who've been beating their chest for the last 4 years to STFU and knock off the "poor me" routine."
-andymuskegon

Again, in the theme of hypocrisy.

Barry Sanders

Post by Barry Sanders » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:30 pm

Soooooo, whatdya guys think of the Tigers chances this year? 😬

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:17 am

Autoblemike wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:32 pm
andymuskegon wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:18 pm
Autoblemike wrote:
andymuskegon wrote:
Autoblemike wrote:
Reese K Rickards wrote:

Examples of Hypocrisy:

Touche.. I crossed the line with this "FYI, no I do not blame you liberals for my city being destroyed." "you liberals" was way out of line...

Let's walk through memory lane:

"how's that for a liberal indoctrination response? go fuck yourself" -andymuskegon

"what a pithy q-anon laced reply. who's the snowflake? i am glad this board is saddening to you. beat it" -andymuskegon

"the honorable conservatives in this country are now faced with a faction of mindless idiots who think somehow the path to eternal freedom and joy was paved by a liar who couldn't even manage to make a business work where people literally spent all day coming in and throwing $100 bills at him." -andymuskegon

"it's also time for the "conservatives" who've been beating their chest for the last 4 years to STFU and knock off the "poor me" routine."
-andymuskegon

Again, in the theme of hypocrisy.
or the theme of i have had enough of the routine. the gaslighting don't work anymore. the example set failed miserably and those who took the bait might start to rethink who they follow and why, because hitching your wagon to false prophets and snake oil salesmen a) doesn't wok and b) shows nothing of conservative values

jesusjenny

Post by jesusjenny » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:18 pm

Having political disagreements is not my issue with Limbaugh - we can have those all day long. It's what he said. I'm sorry, but hate speech, dishonesty, total hypocrisy and furthering a movement (knowing full well the entire time) that is destructive to our country as a whole is where the line is drawn (as Andy said as "rot"). I'm not even bashing him for his drug addiction issues. This doesn't make me liberal, conservative or anything other than human and care for my fellow humans. You can't claim to love "America" and the proceed to hate more than half the people in it and making career out of exploiting it for your own gain.

Big-D

Post by Big-D » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 am

After the hatred he’s spewed on the air for three decades, fuck him.

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic