Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WFGR Mornings

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
blakeharms

WFGR Mornings

Post by blakeharms » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:47 am

Jojo now has some company in the WFGR booth for mornings: https://wfgr.com/show/the-casey-jojo-show/

MatthewMckenzie

Re: WFGR Mornings

Post by MatthewMckenzie » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:39 pm

Good luck to them! Didn't think it was possible, but the websites at townsquare have gotten even worse since I was there. I cannot even hardly look at it. :P "Sarah Sullivan" I see has replaced Steve Labenz in middays (which I did for 3 years there - LIVE) before they went VT and now out of market VT - Woof.

BayCityJohn2337

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:31 pm

Im still trying to figure out what happened to Craig Russell from the morning hustle on WFGR, in years past.

format this

WFGR Mornings

Post by format this » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:29 pm

BayCityJohn2337 wrote:Im still trying to figure out what happened to Craig Russell from the morning hustle on WFGR, in years past.
I believe he’s working full time mornings at Z-106.3, an all-80’s station in Rapid City, South Dakota. He did spend quite a bit of time at WUPS Houghton Lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

MatthewMckenzie

Post by MatthewMckenzie » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:48 pm

Craig was the "Afternoon Hustle" on WFGR. He was "Morning Hustle" at WKPK (The Peak) in Northern Michigan. I'll let Craig tell the story about why he was bounced from WFGR if he wishes to tell it. It's a weird one to say the least.

Craig is now in South Dakota as mentioned, after having a stint in Jackson and then at WUPS. They just launched an all 80's station over there under Craig's guidance.

He's also started a youtube/facebook thing called "The Fast Food Guy" where he samples the latest offerings in Mediocre food. It's quite funny.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic