Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WLLA adds another sub Channel...

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Trophyhead

WLLA adds another sub Channel...

Post by Trophyhead » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:59 pm

Dabl, a CBS Universal network is now on 64.6.

If you like property shows or Martha Stewart, or Emeril, you have what you’re after, from an OTA outlet.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WLLA adds another sub Channel...

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:05 pm

WLLA is really branching out with regard to programming offerings, it seems. I remember them as an obscure super high UHF analog station with a terrible signal in G.R.'s south suburbs despite transmitting right next door to WUHQ/WOTV (whose signal was good at 2,000,000 watts and great after the upgrade to 5,000,000 watts).

Patience, cord cutting and a willingness to add secular subchannels seems to be working well for WLLA. I am happy for them.

If projected signal maps are any indication, the areal coverage of the DTV signal far exceeds that of the former analog UHF signal, especially in the northern half of the DMA.

bugzapper

Post by bugzapper » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:09 pm

We watch WLLA for 99% of our TV viewing except for 10 minutes of weather forecasts. My favorite show has to be reruns of Dick Cavat shows on the Decade's channel. Not only does he have a great wit but where else can you see interviews of Groucho Marx, George Harrison, Jimmi Hendrix, Howard Cosel, Joe Lewis, Jimi Hoffa, (yes, Jimmy Hoffa), Jerry Lewis, , Eddie Murphy, and many more. I have to admit, sometimes he will make a comment and his audience erupts in laughter but I can't remember just what made that so funny. :red

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:54 pm

I liked the Dick Cavett show where Groucho and Truman Capote were on stage at the same time. :)

Radio Chili

Post by Radio Chili » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:22 am

The WLLA signal certainly HAS gone from 'feeble' to 'butt-kicking! It's now always 'there', solid and strong in Newaygo! 60 air miles.

Others with 5 bar signals up here are WXMI, WZPX, WOTV and WTLJ.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic