Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Leon Hendrix leaving WOOD TV

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Big-D

Leon Hendrix leaving WOOD TV

Post by Big-D » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:52 pm

Leon Hendrix just announced that he’s leaving WOOD TV but will be staying in West Michigan. He said that he will announce soon what’s next in his life.

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

JeffMeyers

Re: Leon Hendrix leaving WOOD TV

Post by JeffMeyers » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:04 pm

So disappointing. A true professional. I hope he does well with his next venture. Great guy.

Reese K Rickards

Post by Reese K Rickards » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:26 pm

I am very sorry to read this news. I am not the least bit surprised., Leon is a good man and a good reporter. I have very little doubt this is about money. I suspect he will emerge as a PR guy for some local government agency, and all the better for it, along with his lovely wife, and I hope by now, kids. I am ashamed to say WOOD TV had relegated him to "Black News". You all know what that means.

The funniest thing I ever saw on TV, was an opening shot at 6. The producer told Leon in the field to stand to standby, and he began a mike check. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10. Bill Stephan's weather tease was next, and he said, "Whatdaya know,, Leon can count.

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:30 pm

Reese K Rickards wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:26 pm
I suspect he will emerge as a PR guy for some local government agency, and all the better for it.
Definitely seems to be a trend lately.

Big-D

Post by Big-D » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:58 pm

So Leon is going to work for Spectrum Health in their communications department. He just announced it as the 6:00 pm newscast was ending.

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic