Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tony Clark has passed away.

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Big-D

Tony Clark has passed away.

Post by Big-D » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Tony Clark passed away early this morning from complications of pneumonia (not Covid related). The news of his passing was posted to Facebook by his children.

Tony worked in Grand Rapids a couple of times. According to his Facebook, he worked part-time at WZZR FM from October 1978 to March 1979 and at WODJ FM from 1996 to 1998. Tony was the GM of WOAP in Owosso from 2009 to 2012. He also owned his own production company.

Tony and I were friends on Facebook. We bonded over our love of radio, our different stints working for Bob Goodrich (Tony at WODJ and me at WPRR), and our similar political views. Tony has encouraged me through my struggle with mental health issues for several years. I helped Tony test out his Skype account when he first got it.

I’m really sad about Tony’s passing. Wherever he’s at now, I hope there’s a brand new EV RE-20 waiting and a clean signal.

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

Deleted User 4520

Re: Tony Clark has passed away.

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:54 pm

RIP

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:29 pm

Former Buzzboard poster who was always a gentleman!

I am saddened to learn of his passing; please accept my sincere condolences.

SteveL

Post by SteveL » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 am

It's been a while but would he have been Prod Director at GRD back in the early 90s?

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:40 am

My stint as a part-timer at WILS was brief, five months in '84, but I think Tony and I crossed paths there. Pretty sure he was the guy tying everything together, as "LS 102" aired a big load of carts with tertiary tones that had to be produced and WILS-AM ran Drake Chenault reel-to-reel tapes via automation. (Going back through my Buzzboard messages received, we did both work for the "Huggy Bear," before I bailed out.) Rest in Peace.

tc

Post by tc » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:00 pm

SteveL wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 am
It's been a while but would he have been Prod Director at GRD back in the early 90s?
I think that was Dan Clark.

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:03 pm

I am saddeded to hear about the passing of Tony. I never met him but did exchange a few e-mails with him the past several years. I am familiar with his work at WZZR, WODJ, and at WOAP. He was extremely passionate about the radio business and had a wealth of knowledge. Tony, you will be missed.

Big-D

Post by Big-D » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:56 pm

A memorial service will take place on Saturday, November 7.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/themo ... 54nnTXcq6c

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

richmichaels

Post by richmichaels » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:16 pm

I came back on the board to say something about this and saw it already posted. Tony was a friend and a client with me. He was always a decent man and I loved the fact that he was so dedicated to radio. He and I talked about trying to do something with WOAP, but one has to make a living. Leave it at that. See you on the other side Tony.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic