Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WOOD AM is not the only news talk sliding.

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Reese K Rickards

WOOD AM is not the only news talk sliding.

Post by Reese K Rickards » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:07 am

I was curious about Wood Radios summer long slide in numbers. Dayton is the next largest market to see August Trends,

WHIO has gone from first place last spring with a 9.6 in May, June 8.3, July 7.9 and August 7.3. Like WOOD, it runs the typical AM conservative shows.

In Albany (market 66) WGY shows the same trend. May (number one at 7.4. June, 7.4. July 6.2, and August 5.6.

When you would think Trump supporters would be driving bigger numbers they aren't. Are there fewer Trump supporters or is it something else?

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

Ben Zonia

Re: WOOD AM is not the only news talk sliding.

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:20 am

I know that a lot of people are tired of the same old COVID news day in and day out, and news about riots every day and such. I have to turn off Network TV News almost every night. So I'm not surprised if news is slipping. Another factor is Rush Limbaugh being off the air a lot because of cancer treatments. Mark Steyn is OK for occasional fill in, but not every day. I'd like to see daily stats for WOOD on that factor alone.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:17 pm

News/talk saw unusually big numbers in early spring from an AQH share standpoint.

Numbers are simply returning to normal.

104.1 WVGR has also seen attrition from its YTD peak.

JeffMeyers

Post by JeffMeyers » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:01 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:20 am
I know that a lot of people are tired of the same old COVID news day in and day out, and news about riots every day and such. I have to turn off Network TV News almost every night.
I agree. Same old same old. Nothing new being offered to listeners; national or local programs seem like they are on a loop. I've been following the changes wabc is making under new ownership. While I don't agree with his political stance, the new owner is pumping a lot of money into this am. Granted, it is in a larger market, but it will be interesting to see if there is any positive change in their ratings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic