Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

If low-rated, failing Thunder 107.3 wants a chance to right the ship...

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

If low-rated, failing Thunder 107.3 wants a chance to right the ship...

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 01, 2020 8:33 pm

A station alum who had decent success (relatively speaking) as a PD is now available:

https://news.radio-online.com/articles/ ... M-St-Louis
The "Bud And Broadway" morning show, hosted by Bud Ford and Jerry Broadway, exits WIL-FM (New Country 92.3)/St. Louis after more than four years. The duo joined the Hubbard Radio Country outlet for mornings in 2016. Before WIL, they co-hosted mornings and then afternoons at iHeartMedia Country KTGX-FM (106.1 The Twister)/Tulsa for three years. Both Ford and Broadway have also been Program Directors during their radio careers.
Bud Ford also had a successful tour of duty at 94.5 The Moose, if my memory is functioning correctly.

107.3 really, really needs to ditch the shitty syndicated Cumulus morning show.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

CJ

Re: If low-rated, failing Thunder 107.3 wants a chance to right the ship...

Post by CJ » Sat May 02, 2020 7:58 am

I was thinking he did a stint at Thunder 94.5 in the early days too.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 02, 2020 8:28 am

Exactly. When I said "station alum," I was referring to his tenure at Thunder 94.5 as PD / morning host.

He succeeded Wilhite & Wall in mornings at WTNR. When Ford was promoted to PD of 103.3 WKDF in Nashville (owned by Citadel at the time), I believe that's when Steve Stewart was hired, although I'm not certain of that.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

RobMIch

Post by RobMIch » Sat May 02, 2020 9:44 am

I agree, MW. The only way that station can make headway is with a local morning show.

With the current revenue hit, I doubt they have money to spend to bring in a show like Bud & Broadway.

On that note, I heard Lori Bennett doing afternoons the other day on Blunder. Was the afternoon guy a victim of corona-related cuts?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 02, 2020 11:14 am

I haven't heard Nash 94.5 / Thunder 107.3 during a weekday afternoon in quite a long time.

Last time I heard afternoon drive was probably a couple months before the frequency flip, and Lori was handling the airshift.

Is she no longer the usual afternoon drive personality on the station?

MrsWarmth

Post by MrsWarmth » Wed May 06, 2020 4:33 pm

Paul Koffy, Jasmine Sadry

Cumulus Media’s Westwood One has launched a new country radio morning show, Morning Koffy, which will air Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. ET. Morning Koffy marks the first new syndicated show from Westwood One Nashville.

The syndicated program is hosted by Paul Koffy, with Jasmine Sadry as his sidekick. Both will be based in Nashville. Koffy previously hosted the morning show for country station KMNB Minneapolis. His career also includes time at country stations including Atlanta’s WUBL and Tampa’s WFUS. The Utah Broadcasters Association awarded Koffy with “Best Morning Show” while he was with KEGA Salt Lake City. Koffy has also been honored with a Country Music Association award for Personality of the Year.

Sadry has worked in broadcast media for 18 years, including time at FOX Sports, CBS, ESPN, KVUE-TV, and iHeart, as well as television and voice work gigs. She has been featured on MTV2’s Ain’t That America and the MLB Network. Sadry was nominated for 2018 CMA Broadcast Personality of The Year for her work co-hosting a country morning show on KSCS Dallas. Sadry is a co-host of First and 10s, a podcast about sports from a woman’s perspective.

“Well known in the radio industry and well-liked by Country artists, Paul is the ideal host for this new show,” said Suzanne Grimes, EVP Marketing, Cumulus Media and President, Westwood One. “Paul has spent his entire career in country music and, surprisingly, has never before hosted a program from Nashville – we can’t wait to see what he does from Music City. With Jasmine on the other mic, this show is one good morning brew.”

“The fact that this team came together over hours of Zoom and phone calls is proof that we are turning a new page at Westwood One Nashville,” said Paul Williams, Director of Programming for Westwood One Nashville. “With Paul’s home-spun ‘my tractor is more expensive than my car’ attitude and Jasmine’s Texas swagger, they just light it up together.”

“This opportunity to serve stations, businesses, communities, and individuals meets in a junction box with pivotal timing, an enormous platform, and a swell of creatives,” said Koffy. “I am deeply thankful for everyone who has been a part of bringing this together and stoked to be on the team.”

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 06, 2020 9:57 pm

Mr. Koffy is a strong air talent with an impressive resume who was treated unfairly by Entercom.

102.9's ratings in Minneapolis tanked when he and others were broomed due to a station rebrand. That station should've been left largely alone.

I won't have a chance to hear his new show anytime soon, since 93.1 Detroit dumped the national morning show many weeks ago (SMART move, especially in view of 99.5 WYCD's recent programming foibles).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic