Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amash for President...?

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Doktor No

Re: Amash for President...?

Post by Doktor No » Sat May 16, 2020 7:03 pm

He bailed. Evidently he finally figured out Betsy and the Ada House group don't like him anymore. No Cash, No Splash.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat May 16, 2020 7:27 pm

That's probably part of it. Also, from what I understand, he was by no means a shoo-in for the Libertarian Party nomination.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat May 16, 2020 10:12 pm

I thought Justin Amash was a shoo-in to win the Libertarian Party nomination for president he had no shot at winning president. Better to run for congress to see if he can win as an independent but maybe his star power is starting to go down.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TeleCine

Post by TeleCine » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:41 pm

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:23 pm

Somewhat, but he is not the only owner.

Also a friend of mine said that if your state position but your lose the vote, you are not hypocritical if you no longer hold to your outvoted position.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TeleCine

Post by TeleCine » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:11 am

In May, Amash voted against the TRUTH Act, which sought to increase transparency around the PPP and the companies that received assistance. The bill, which failed to achieve the supermajority House Democrats needed to pass it under an accelerated procedure for consideration they chose to use, would have required the SBA to release many of the same details that it ended up releasing earlier this week without a congressional mandate after being pressured to do so by media outlets and members of Congress.

RedRamage

Post by RedRamage » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:06 am

FWIW, this seems to like the anti-Gary Peters ad where Peters supposedly is invested in companies that have outsourced jobs. As someone who leans conservative, I hate this ad. I suspect that pretty much anyone who had a mutual fund probably has investments in a company that has outsourced jobs.

Amash is a minority owner in this company and I strongly suspect that he wasn't consulted on the decision to apply for the loan. However, as Audiophile states above, even if he was, this is currently the law of the land and he shouldn't penalize his company by not taking advantage of options even if he things those advantages shouldn't have been put out there.

I kinda think it's a dumb rule in baseball that if the catcher drops strike three you can run to first base. I don't understand why that rule should exist. It makes zero sense to me. But that doesn't mean I don't want any Tiger running is arse off to 1st if the opposing catcher fumbles the ball on strike three.

Now, his not voting in favor of the TRUTH Act is more troubling to me. I'd like to know his reasoning on it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic