Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nielsen audio ratings roundup: WLAV's ratings are at multi-decade RECORD LOW levels! WTNR remains a dumpster fire!

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
jesusjenny

Re: Nielsen audio ratings roundup: WLAV's ratings are at multi-decade RECORD LOW levels! WTNR remains a dumpster fire!

Post by jesusjenny » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:49 pm

For what it's worth, I listen to WVGR (Michigan Radio) 95% of the time . The only commercial station I would ever flip to anymore is WOOD-AM for top of the hour news if NPR for some reason doesn't have it for some reason. Nothing else interests me or offers me anything worth listening to.

tannersboat

Re: Nielsen audio ratings roundup: WLAV's ratings are at multi-decade RECORD LOW levels! WTNR remains a dumpster fire!

Post by tannersboat » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:24 am

When are the January numbers released and what dates will be covered?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:40 am

I like how Cumulus made almost zero effort to inform its incumbent Country audience at 94.5 MHz that their station was going to soon be heard exclusively at 107.3 MHz.

They should've been hammering home the 'RESET YOUR PRESET!' line relentlessly both on-air and online.

It amazes me that NO ONE was fired as a result of that debacle.

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:25 pm

it's heartbreaking to me to see how little anyone seems to give a fuck anymore. there are still some incredible people and dear friends in the business, but what a lost cause. meanwhile, the audience is getting a crap product....advertisers are getting fed a line of shit and what's left of the audience is just there because of habitual listening. this isn't for just one radio group either. what a crying shame to see the carcass of a once vital art form and business that was supposed to serve their community being picked at by vultures.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:38 pm

I live in Northeast Michigan and rarely am in GR. Had to spend 3 weeks in GR last July and August and a week in January for training. Listened to LAV, GRD and BFX. For such a large city, to say that all these stations underperform and have H*** deficiencies is an understatement.

LAV’s playlist is too limited and repetitious, plus Jackie on middays sounds horrible.

For an active rock station, GRD sounds schizophrenic. New Korn into Rush or Jimi Hendrix? WTF? Too deep into the classic rock songs, Kick ass AC/DC or GNR? Yes, but not this other shit

The Brew’s “Everything that Rocks” format gets the low ratings it deserves. Focus it up. Maybe a straight up “Classic Rock that really rocks” or a “Next generation of classic rock” of early 90’s onward would work (but don’t use the premium choice that’s ruining the new version of WLLZ)

RandJob

Post by RandJob » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:59 pm

I actually like WGRD's playlist as of late, there simply isn't enough product to sustain a straight ahead active rock that also pulls the ratings that GRD does. It actually seems like someone actually thought about what Grand Rapids would like, as opposed to a corporate list.

The Brew is a little schizophrenic, but LAV sounds downright old. Playlist relies on too many artists that, while mainstays in rock, saw their heyday in the 70s. It's definitely built for boomer dudes that yell at clouds.

I'll land on GRD and the Brew on occasion, but something about LAV has never struck a chord with me personally.

In life when I have decisions to make I always think to myself, What Would Scott Hall Do?

Then I buy a bunch of cheap booze and drink myself to sleep.

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:57 pm

LAV needs to do what sister station WHEELZ 104.5 in Saginaw is doing – Widen the playlist to include artists that had hits in the 90s. I listened to WHEELZ on the way down state today. Heard Collective Soul, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden in an hours time included in their playlist. They haven’t gotten rid of the early classic rockers as I also heard The Doors, Lynyrd Skynyrd and LED Zeppelin

NewzKiller

Post by NewzKiller » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:47 am

WLAV borders being Oldies/Gold station. If 98.7 didn't fucking talk over or cut down the ending of songs I probably wouldn't give LAV 5 minutes in day when driving.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic