Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Meteorologist Aaron Ofseyer Leaving WZZM

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Honolulublue4life

Re: Meteorologist Aaron Ofseyer Leaving WZZM

Post by Honolulublue4life » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:34 pm

What's going on with their meteorologist search? Awful long time to not have a 3rd meteorologist let along not having a 4th. Being cheap?

Localnewsisdead

Post by Localnewsisdead » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:33 pm

I got a chuckle a couple weeks ago when they had former Michigan resident, Michael Estime (https://www.wkyc.com/article/about-us/t ... -178990409) and current WKYC (Tegna) Cleveland meteorologist do a recorded weather cast for all of their weekend newscasts. Never seen anything like this before. Kinda tacky. Typical Tegna/Gannett.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:56 pm

I wonder when they will find a weekend weather person I know George has been doing weekend weather if not from WKYC and only doing the 7 day and not 10 day when it comes from WKYC. And I thought WKYC would have a weather deck since that is a TEGNA thing to do they are very cheap as well.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Mediate

Post by Mediate » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:03 pm

'WZZM must be pretty shitty to work at if on air staff go ti completely different fields (marketing, real estate, boat sales only one remotely close was Faran Fronczak who went to work for Russian Pro Trump network RT America

I imagine the longest stayed staff there (George lessens, val lego, Catherine Behrendt and Juliet dragos) are upper managements ass kissers.

Can Kristin Mazur on mornings and middays go somewhere, she is so repetitive and annoying in her segments She said "very cool" 10 times in one segmenr'

Your first sentence: It's not even remotely out of the ordinary for on air staff to change fields, happens frequently in every market

Your second sentence: Some upper level asshat speculation on your part, they're still their because they're good at what they do, aren't (likely) over the top prima donnas, and have massive name recognition in the community/viewing area

Your third sentence: She's no more annoying and repetitive than your 'takes'

Honolulublue4life

Post by Honolulublue4life » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:34 pm

Looks like they hired one meteorologist. The hiring ad is no longer on the site.

inmyopinion

Post by inmyopinion » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:04 pm

Honolulublue4life wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:34 pm
Looks like they hired one meteorologist. The hiring ad is no longer on the site.
I love when people who work at a particular place use the ol' "no longer on their website". ;) Either way, that's good news because no one would want George to have to work 6 days straight and wear a repeat bow tie.

SZABOJA

Post by SZABOJA » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Cleveland guy here: on the 2020-04-18 news (WKYC-3), Michael Estime announced he was leaving Cleveland for Detroit, so there's your meterologist.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:12 am

To borrow from the still existent Larry King, “Cleveland, Hello.”

WXYZ is in Detroit, and without having checked, they may be short a meteorologist at the moment.

WZZM is in Grand Rapids, in a different thread in this forum, it was stated that Ofseyer’s replacement is on the way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic