Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

LAV STA/application status

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: LAV STA/application status

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:31 am

I picked up WLAV late yesterday morning until mile marker 136 on US 131. Signal went downhill super fast after that. There was a bit of a band opening. GR stations were coming in a tiny bit better than usual. Traverse City stations, on the other hand, were coming in much stronger than usual. 101.9, 97.5, 96.7 and 95.5 were all very listenable in Paris Township, just north of Big Rapids. I listened to 95.5 most of the way westward to M37. WIFC from Wausau broke in and interfered once or twice very briefly. Otherwise, Rock 95.5 was loud and clear! That station has good processing, too!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

statmanmi

Post by statmanmi » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:17 pm

cckadlec wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:19 pm
Word from the station is that the signal came into use from the Allendale site at 7pm on July 16th. Until the Nash move occurs on 97.5, LAV is running their licensed 7.2kw. They hope to be at full power - 43kw - by January, but don't seem to have high hopes for that at this time.
A WLAW (Nash country format) CP Modification was filed today, which seems relevant to this thread.

Instead of being on what's likely a cell tower a few miles north of Montague, they seem to be going for the leg or side of the Montague water tower, across the street from the middle and high schools:

https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/datae ... c&goBack=N

https://goo.gl/maps/8st55dBNPXfayzof9

I mention possibly on a leg, since the Modification notes overall height for the tank structure as 50 meters, but that the radiation center above ground will be 27.5 meters. (If you're like me, you'd calculate out that these are approximately 160 feet total height, and 90 feet for the antenna.)

Perhaps this is part of why the thought of January was given for WLAV being able to power up fully, based upon hopes to have WLAW all squared away at the now-disclosed different new site.

Enjoy! ~~ Statmanmi

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:04 am

From observing the erratic results from the newer Section 73.213 rules, I think they should modify the Section so that if they were ever authorized in the short spacing zones with full or reduced zone facilities, that they can modify facilities according to older Section 73.213 rules.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic