Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hoss?

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
learn to fly

Hoss?

Post by learn to fly » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:05 am

with Ron Cameron getting all the "love"on the Detroit board, I was wondering this morning whatever happened to John "Hoss" Perry.

Trophyhead

Re: Hoss?

Post by Trophyhead » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:18 pm

I suppose I could keep in mind to tune my radio to WTKG tomorrow morning, it was several years ago that The Hoss was buying a slot on AM 1230, maybe 8 to 10 a.m.

One might give John credit for having the gift of gab sufficient to manage trades for a vehicle to drive, meals to eat, whatever he was parlaying in the name of sponsorship mentions during a show such as his.

I navigated away from that side of the 9th floor at 77 Monroe Center when he was plying his trade, literally, back then.

Trophyhead

Re: Hoss?

Post by Trophyhead » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:25 pm

I checked with someone who would know, and the Hoss' work on WTKG ended in 2015, some irreconcilable differences between himself and management, and an attempt to carry on by buying time on WJRW lasted only a short while. Those were some days, though...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic