Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WWMT's Kate Tillotson Leaving Station

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Localnewsisdead

WWMT's Kate Tillotson Leaving Station

Post by Localnewsisdead » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:40 am

WWMT's main anchor,Kate Tillotson,is leaving station at the end of September.

She posted this message on her facebook page on Wednesday evening: For 12 years, I’ve had the privilege of delivering you the news. You have generously lent your eyes and ears, your time, and your opinions, as I’ve worked to provide you with impactful stories padded with perspective and personality. We’ve shared triumphs and tribulations, laughter and tears, and most of all, a mutual respect for our wonderful West Michigan community. And so, as difficult as it may be, I'm announcing I've decided to leave Newschannel 3 at the end of September. This decision was not made lightly; it required time, patience, and self-reflection, and I am confident it is the right choice. The newsroom is a thrilling place to be, where no two days are the same; I will miss it, and I will miss you. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for welcoming me into your home, for granting me creative freedoms, and for allowing me a safe space to grow professionally and personally. I also want to thank Newschannel 3 for the unique opportunity to serve our community. As this storyline ends and another begins, please know I am forever grateful for the memories we've made and the friendships we've built. I'll see you on the air through September 30!

No word on what's next for Kate or who will replace her at WWMT.

MasterB

Re: WWMT's Kate Tillotson Leaving Station

Post by MasterB » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:05 pm

All the best Kate in whatever you do next.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

OneBigFan

Post by OneBigFan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:31 pm

My wife watches CBS Morning and sometimes we see the beginning of channel 3's 5 and 11 news.

Sinclair has brought in several new faces for WWMT News desk in the last few months. I thought it was a prelude to Sinclair setting up to make some changes. Erica Mokay isn't doing all the morning news updates any longer . They brought in another female anchor, Lora Painter, to do the 5:00 news with Tillotson. They could be moving Erica Mokay or Lora Painter into Tillotson's chair.

Tillotson replaced Judy Markee who was a news anchor for 20-22 years and given Sinclair's ownership I'm surprised Tillotson lasted for a dozen years at the anchor desk.

The tenor of her 70 plus days in advance announcement is nicely vague about future plans.

format this

Post by format this » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:15 pm

She’s leaving at the end of September. Clever thinking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

uncleducky

Post by uncleducky » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:04 pm

Andy will be leaving next, due to his voice issues.

uncleducky

Post by uncleducky » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:36 pm

I hope they don't keep Lora on as a full time anchor. She is not that good at all. I know that girl on weekends is not the best either. She is a good reported in the field but not an anchor desk person.

OneBigFan

Post by OneBigFan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:07 pm

Looks like WWMT decided Friday, September 27 would be Tillotson’s last day on the air.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:30 am

Interesting article about Ms. Tillotson's new job as well as the reason(s) behind here departure from WWMT:
https://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/20 ... mazoo.html

inmyopinion

Post by inmyopinion » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:52 pm

No mention of her shoplifting charges? Looks like the m-live reporter simply copied and pasted her goodbye letter.

OneBigFan

Post by OneBigFan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:04 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:52 pm
No mention of her shoplifting charges? Looks like the m-live reporter simply copied and pasted her goodbye letter.
It’s probable the reporter didn’t think misdemeanor charges from an event more than a decade ago that was addressed to the retail establishment (victim), the court’s and her employer’s satisfaction wasn’t cogent to Tillotson’s new job as a corporate media director/spokesperson.

Not everyone is cut out to be an employee for an ownership group like Sinclair that has a documented history of being very active in local news departments of the stations they own.

Tillotson climbed the ladder after college as on air talent in small markets then stayed at WWMT for over a decade. She wanted to get closer to her home state MA so she took a job in DC.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic