Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

101.3 The Brew

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: 101.3 The Brew

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:35 am

I think some sort of corporate format captain from Clownsquare has his or her hand in the cookie jar at the company's rock stations.

WGRD and Banana 101.5's playlists took a shit around the same time, and also around that same time, Q103 in Albany traded Active Rock for a strong classic rock leaning Mainstream Rock playlist.

Overall, Banana"s playlist is at least more cohesive (better structured) than GRD's.

When GRD's prior PD left, I suspected he was the problem. I may have been mistaken. The playlist only improved a tiny bit after the current PD arrived from South Bend.

The station plays a wide breadth with minimal depth. The same four or five songs from core artists day, after day, after day, after day. No even semi-deep cuts EVER!!!

The music choices fucking suck and are nearly as bad as Darren Arriens' era WKLQ.

WGRD used to be able to command a 6 share in ages 12+ without even trying! And that was when WLAV had a full power and WBFX had a reasonably decent classic rock playlist. Now, WLAV is running on an auxiliary transmitter, WBFX is a flaming pile of shit, and WGRD cannot even consistently maintain a 5 share!!!

Rock radio in Grand Rapids has never sounded worse during my lifetime than it does now.

48125er

Re: 101.3 The Brew

Post by 48125er » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Speaking of WLAV, they got a new voice, think its the same one WDVD has.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic